Sportsman's Albany

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Well, they are open. I went in today with the intention of spending $50 on a few odds and ends I am running low on.

Nope.

I was an employee of Sportsman's prior to the bankruptcy and subsequent restructuring. Sportsman's Warehouse was a special place. It was the best selection (apart from BPS) of tackle (for multiple species) of any brick and mortar store I had been in, coupled with great prices and an extremely knowledgable staff. Not any more.

I asked the first employee I met if they had any jerkbaits, because I was not seeing them. He actually had no earthly idea what I was talking about. He went and got the department manager, who was also a little fuzzy on the concept of "jerkbait." I did eventually talk to a guy who knew enough to tell me that they did not have what I was after. He said he is getting tired of telling people that.

OK, I get it, Oregon STS guys don't use jerkbaits. Whatever. Overall, the Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany does not seem to be adding anything to the mix. I would say they have about three times as much tackle as the Bi-Mart in Corvallis has. In their favor, they do sell fly tying materials. Other than materials, I guess it will be nice for some people to be able to buy nightcrawlers and salmon eggs closer to home. I don't think they will be seeing me very often.

Tackle Warehouse FTW.

SS

C_Run
C_Run
I'll go check it out regardless. There has been a void in this area after GI Joe's shut down. Hopefully they will get it together given some more time.

Aervax
Aervax
Hello my fellow Fishaholics. I am am a jerk, and I too love fishing jerkbaits. Hahaha. You are the man! Where do you find the time for so much fun? I am a fan of Lucky Craft and Yozuri in the jerk category. What is your favorite?

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Pointers and Rogues for me, pretty much. I like a few others, mostly Japanese stuff, but the Lucky Strike Vision 110 rip-off has caught me a bunch of nice walleyes.

I am unemployed. Two edged sword... no money, lots of time.

Aervax
Aervax
Been there, too Shaun. Fished a ton. Camped a lot. Spent lots of time with my children. It was frustrating on the one hand, but rewarding on the other.