Sportman's Warehouse

S
Shadelady
ok well i have heard rumors that they are going out of business or have been bought out. i had a chance to stop in the Salem store today, and i cannot see anything different. the sales staff are still rude and indifferent. walked out with nothing.

O
osmosis
they got bought by a canadian company called "UFA". They are doing the same thing as joes - just without the draw of attention joes has. they are liquidating inventory and planning to close all of the stores except for the medford location. the medford location will have to change names because my understanding of the whole deal is that UFA bought sportsmans warehouse for the name, because lets face it - none of us go to UFA.com. (or whatever their site really is)
the Idaho sportsmans location had large "going out of business" signs like joes does on my last trip a couple weeks ago.
With UFA's decision to not honor things like gift cards I feel it was a show of character, and will not spend my money at the "new" sportsmans.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah they could have got by with some better customer service skills at that place for sure. I forfeited a $150 gift card I got for christmas, because the nearest one was in Salem (I live in Eugene), and I had no clue until it was too late. Called and they said they wouldn't honor it, and the woman said that it wouldn't have been a problem if I used it a few weeks after christmas, "like normal people do". What's that about? Really makes ya appreciate the friendly clerks at Bi-Mart and other small stores.

S
Shadelady
JeannaJigs- i have a friend who also had a giftcard- and i think it was sportmans warehouse. what they told him was to find something they had at the Eugene store and ship it to him- i guess the Eugene store is remaining- not sure about that. if you want i can get actual details from him if you still have the card and want to try.

J
JeannaJigs
I might be completely not in the know, but, I've lived here my entire life, and to my knowledge, there's no Sportsman's in Eugene. Nearest one is Salem. We had Joes, but that's it. The only Sportsman's store to my knowledge that is remaining will be the one in Medford, like Osmosis mentioned. Now Eugene is losing Joes.

S
Shadelady
LOL< i new here and completely not in the know- he might have said Medford... i tend to get the gist of stories and less detail... sorry about my mis stating it. i just know he was able to get the card used up

H
Hook
Yeah i was kinda mad cause i got the same thing about the gift card. But was told to call the Medford store and do a phone order. Hope this helps

J
JeannaJigs
Hook said:
Yeah i was kinda mad cause i got the same thing about the gift card. But was told to call the Medford store and do a phone order. Hope this helps
I never got that memo...I was under the impression from the evil woman that I spoke with, that no stores were accepting them. I'll call Medford tomorrow!

H
Hook
Jeanna, Did you call the medford store to see if its still accepting gift cards?

J
JeannaJigs
At work and I completely forgot! Mad house Friday. I just wrote on a post-it to call them as soon as I escape the madness that is the work place. I'll let you know when I find out.

T
TTFishon
I went to Sportsman's in Bend last week and bought a bunch of Thomas lures at a really good price. They are the only store other than Cabelas that sells my favorite color.

K
Kodiak
That Store!

That Store!

My understanding was that UFA bought 15 of the sportsmans wharehouses in the Northwest. I've spoken with the Buyer of the Canadian chain and he is an extreamley nice. Every one I met with in the process was overly polite and helpful. The people at the Salem store are self serving rude arogant names I'm not allowed to call them on this board. I know one of the guys at the clakamas. He left the Salem store because the other guys in the fishing department are unbearably ridiculous. Those two meatheads need to be fired, and somehow stay employed. I was temp. 86'd from the store for showing them up at Lebannon dam one day (spanked those two fools 3:1. my six for thier two.) I heard that the store was going to stay open, but if it does close it I would be really happy!

S
Shadelady
is it possible that UAF will get rid of the Salem staff? all of them? i went there near Xmas to get some waders- 30- 40 mins in the boot areas looking for help... its May i'm still looking. this is why i posted over about Joes, cuz i got a guy there who really, really helped me.

went to Bimart today... bought another pole... but thats for another post (grin)

Kodiak, are those fish about ready to be caught?

am headed to Hebo / Town lake tomorrow.

K
Kodiak
not just yet

not just yet

Still early for springers on the coast. you might get lucky throwing spinners at the bridge in pacific city. A few summer steelies there at hebo. when the water comes down and warms up.