Spinning rod cases

18406ej
18406ej
Does anyone know of a source for spinning rod cases/carriers for two piece rods up to 11' 6" in length. I have searched the 'net, but have only found cases for rods up to 9' in length. I am travelling to Alaska in May and would like to bring my own rod/tackle with me rather than having to rent at every stop. Thank you for any assistance you can provide,

F
fish4life
Why not make you own out of pvc or heavy duty cardboard tubes.

18406ej
18406ej
PVC might work- that's a great idea. I checked UPS and other sources and couldn't find cardboard that was long enough. Thank you for the response.

F
fishyden
Iv seen some killer bamboo ones homemade.

Troutski
Troutski
My vote is the PVC idea....

Chuck

S
Subacca
I bought a plano guide series rod holder at Fishermans Marine for 50 dollars. Its heavy duty and expands in length from about 4' to 8.5' or so. I have a couple Lamiglas 7' one piece rods I want to take to Alaska/Canada with me in July. Very nice heavy duty holder and I believe for 10 bucks more or so you can get an even wider one which might expand even to a longer length as well. You may not be in the Portland area but other places may sell these as well. I have done the PVC rod holder before and it worked well enough. If you go that route be sure to put foam inserts on the inside endcaps to protect the tip of your pole and also remember that they will probably want t be able to open these at the airport to check them so keep that in mind when designing the open end.

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
18406ej said:
Does anyone know of a source for spinning rod cases/carriers for two piece rods up to 11' 6" in length. I have searched the 'net, but have only found cases for rods up to 9' in length. I am travelling to Alaska in May and would like to bring my own rod/tackle with me rather than having to rent at every stop. Thank you for any assistance you can provide,

Is it a two piece rod with each piece being 11' 6" or is it two pieces totaling 11'6"? I've got a two piece rod tube that is adjustable to whatever length I need but I can't remember where I got it. each piece is about 7 ' long so it really works great. I'll see if I can figure out where it came from.

GD

Reactions: OnTheFly