Spinning rod build

K
KCox
I didn't see a section for rod building, so I thought this was a semi appropriate place to post pics this new spinning rod I built.

Built it for my dad who is huge UW Huskies fan. Since they had a pretty good season I wanted to give him something to remember it, and even more importantly something to make buddies jealous.

He has been using my gear every time we go fishing together lately, and always comments on how smooth the Shimano Sienna 2500 I have is and it matched the purple and gold quite well.

Its my first spinning rod build, and first attempt at a tiger wrap. Its not perfect, but he thinks it is!

Kelley

• photo30978.jpg
  • photo30979.jpg
  • photo30980.jpg
  • photo30981.jpg
  • photo30982.jpg
Reactions: Raincatcher, Admin and bd2cool
B
billfisher
Very Nice!

Reactions: KCox
hobster
hobster
Very nice indeed! Well done, especially for a first time! Only thing is those colors should be green and yellow ;)

K
KCox
hobster;n601302 said:
Only thing is those colors should be green and yellow ;)

haha Yeah I suppose I was asking for that one. I havent been in Oregon quite long enough to convert yet, but we will see!:D

H
Hookset
Very nice job. looks great.

hobster
hobster
KCox;n601304 said:
haha Yeah I suppose I was asking for that one. I havent been in Oregon quite long enough to convert yet, but we will see!:D

Just messing with ya, I was going for the Huskies all the way in that one. I'm so sick of Bama, go Clemson tonite!

Those colors look great with the reel as well, purdy rod :thumb:

K
KCox
I'm with you there! Anytime we get the Pac 10 in the mix I'm rooting for em.