Spinner making kits?

I
ifishtolive
Do any people out there sell a spinner making kits? Was just wondering as i need to get addicted to that now :) I dont want a cheapo kit. I want a good kit, good bodies, good hooks *VMC, Owner,Gama, etc*

Thanks for any help.

brandon4455
brandon4455
fisherman's shack . can't rewmember quite where it is but im sure troutdude or some else can tell you where it is and more about it.

T
Throbbit _Shane
i had to take a second look at your sig brandon lol

T
Throbbit _Shane
i dont think iv seen any spinner making kits/materials at stores here. i think they want u to keep on buying the expensive ones on the shelf's :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
Throbbit _Shane said:
i had to take a second look at your sig brandon lol
:lol:

I
ifishtolive
Agreed first time i saw his sig i was like WHAT?!
Okay but back on track.
Do they not do that or do they just try to sell them piece by piece?

F
FishFinger
Welcome to the forum,

A kit, don't know that I've seen one, however you have a lot of options. for $14.00 you can get a pair of Leadmaster pliers, designed for twisting wire loops. you can get a jig like a twist tech or a boggs. that will run you between $60.00 & $90.00. The supply of body parts and blades can be had from endless sources.

When making spinners it all boils down to making the perfect loop. Either by hand or jig it just takes practice. Start off with the pliers because if you advance in spinner fab you'll need at least two sets anyways.

If you search the archives you'll find a ton of info regarding how to build spinners as well as a bunch of theories too, lots of good information here.

Last edited:
I
ifishtolive
Thank you. i actually have a couple different pair of leadmaster lol

troutdude
troutdude
I bought my kit from Don Green @ the Fisherman Shack in Airlie (about 25 years ago). Don has great parts; a lot of them are Jed Davis design parts. His shop is about 1/2 way between Corvallis & Monmouth @ the intersection of Hwy. 99W and Airlie Rd. You can also order online here:

Top Sellers

Don is a VERY honest fellow and will share his know how with you. He loves to get peeps into Spinner Making. Don is one of my very favorite fishing peeps. Anatoliy, LiLSalmon, and Graphite Zen will all also attest to how nice Don is. He has a great deal of integrity. His kits and components are quality gear. Plus Don's prices for spinner parts, are quite reasonable.

He also sells G. Loomis rods as well (maybe a couple of other high end rods too).

M
Modest_Man
Don knocks my socks off. If anyone wants to go in together on an order of size 4 blades/bodies let me know...I'm loosing them pretty fast out on the rivers. :( My steelhead catch to loss ratio is like 30:1. Heh.

M
meluvtrout
There is no such thing as quality spinner twisting kit. You can look at Jann's Netcraft or Barlows on the web or get their catalog to order from if you really want sets.
.Get a Boggs $65 or Twistech $60 spinner twisting tool
.Get a pair of LeadMaster pliers $15
.Get a good side cutter, cutting pliers (whatever they are called)
Then you'll need parts:
- Several sizes of plastic and brass beads
- Clevises
- Solid bodies, stack on bodies
- Wire
- Hooks
On top of these you'll get:
- Tubes
- Stickers
- Powder or Vinyl Paint
You can get all of the above from BC Angling Post. Then you'll realize you need better blades (.032 thick) and that's from R&B Lures.

If you order large quantities for cheap (like our friend here above) you'll most likely end up with Crapiatzu!

Last edited:
D
DirectDrive
troutdude said:
I bought my kit from Don Green @ the Fisherman Shack in Airlie (about 25 years ago). Don has great parts; a lot of them are Jed Davis design parts. His shop is about 1/2 way between Corvallis & Monmouth @ the intersection of Hwy. 99W and Airlie Rd.

Go here.
Call first (dude !).
Don will show you the way.

OK to thank me later :)

Last edited: