Spinner fish

C
Coho Kid
This is how I fish spinners with out concern for exact weight of body to match the water. I make and sell spinners for this specific method of spinner fishing.

• How to spinner fish.jpg
J
JeannaJigs
I've used this method with success, but I ALWAYS get crazy looks when I do it, and I'm not sure why.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I love that set-up,but totally suck at tying most knots!! lol

Last edited:
C
Coho Kid
Raincatcher said:
I love that set-up,but totally suck at tying most knots!! lol

I loyally tie a palomar knot. If you hold the double stranded loop during the tightening stage to pull in the locking loop you get no line burn.

B
BobbiDollPDX
An inline weight works well in that situation.

troutdude
troutdude
Coho Kid said:
This is how I fish spinners with out concern for exact weight of body to match the water. I make and sell spinners for this specific method of spinner fishing.

It takes a "specific" type of spinner? A standard spinner won't work? :confused::confused:

I
imfishing
Greetings...

Is that under a float or just drifted?

Thanks.

C
Coho Kid
Drifted like corky and yarn.

C
Coho Kid
troutdude said:
It takes a "specific" type of spinner? A standard spinner won't work? :confused::confused:

Well just as other guys try to weight your spinners to the water, I used the pencil lead for my weight. My spinners have almost no weight at all, if you wished to fish a weighted spinner that you'd typically find at your local tackle shop you'd adjust your pencil lead accordingly. The spinners I use are specific to this method of fishing, they are ultra light, even if they are large.

I will be posting some medium sized spinners for sale, and some small ones shortly after that. I make both a side drifting spinner and a trolling spinner.

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
Holy moly. I have never seen that rig. I want to try it. That would be great for getting those tiny spinners closer to the far away pockets.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Vindicated!!

Vindicated!!

Coho Kid said:
I loyally tie a palomar knot. If you hold the double stranded loop during the tightening stage to pull in the locking loop you get no line burn.

The Palomar is my go to knot in nearly all situations. Autofisher has tried to teach me others but,well you know what they say about teaching old dogs.:lol::lol: