Spinner building

I bought my first spinner building kit online. I built all the spinners and they work great. I was wondering if anyone knows where the closest place to Portland Oregon is that I can go buy spinner parts. If not what are your favorite sites for getting parts? Thanks in advance!

troutdude

Yep. I got all of my gear at Fishermanshack, back in the 80's. I'm pretty sure that Don is retired now. At least his shop is vacant. But maybe he's still active online.

Also...get your self a copy of...

Jed Davis book.jpg

troutdude

I do have a copy of this. It’s a great book!
Excellent! I have the first, and second, editions. When I got the first one, in the 80's, I made some all black spinners. Black body, black blade, black swivel, and even a piece of black tubing over the hook's shank. Then I proceeded to catch & release 4 Siletz River Nooks, in one trip! They work best on darker, cloudy, foggy, and/or drizzly days.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Last edited:

catphish

R&B Lures, Oregon Rod Reel and Tackle, FoJ in Salem, Mazama in Eugene. But mainly, R&B. They are in Eugene, they also operate a widely used soft bead company. Great guys, always prompt service. I mainly order certain parts like bells from them, theirs are the best. Other parts you can buy in bulk online, easily and cheaper at many places. I generally use a #2 clevis at all times, #4 or 5 blades, wires from Japanese mills that make samurai stuff, beads crafted from gem-cutter castoffs, custom made weight specific parts, 1 hair from and albino beaver (im running out), and Gamakatsu siwash hooks. 50% of that was bs, tight lines man. msg me if you have questions.

Rhays Spinners

I bought my first spinner building kit online. I built all the spinners and they work great. I was wondering if anyone knows where the closest place to Portland Oregon is that I can go buy spinner parts. If not what are your favorite sites for getting parts? Thanks in advance!
from Rhays Spinners. depending on what your looking for