Spin n Glow rigs

F
FishSchooler
What are the differences between spin n glows directly on your line and spin n glows twisted onto a spinner wire? I know that it's easier to keep bait on the hook with the line, but the wired spin n glow looks easier to use. It spins easier, you can add a barrel swivel on the eye and it wont cause line twist, and it's easier to change combos.

K
Kodiak
With a spin glo on your line you can change bait, yarn and spinglow colors, runn them with a stinger or prawn rig. with them on the wire you are pretty well stuck with what you have.

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
With a spin glo on your line you can change bait, yarn and spinglow colors, runn them with a stinger or prawn rig. with them on the wire you are pretty well stuck with what you have.

But if you want to change colors with line, you have to cut everything, put beads on, re-tie a egg loop or snell... and with wire, just cut, and re-tie a simple knot, that is if you went prepared. And the constantly spinning lure will abraise your line. And you can still tie an eggloop or snell on the eye of the hook (if it's not a treble) and just cut both ends.

L
luv2fish
Kodiak said:

totally agree...more freedom to switch things and who knows what mix and match fish prefers on any given day

Q
qwapaw
We tie up our 4 or 5 favorite spin glow outfits before we go. That way we can change real quick. I just put them on one of those round leader holders and put the hook into the rubber. Good luck, Qwa

F
FishSchooler
You can pre-twist and desired combo, and they are easier to store.

M
Mike123
I've got some that have a wire for threading a prawn on them..
Never used them though...
The thing I dont like about them is you have no bait loop, usually just a big treble.

Troutski
Troutski
Leader..

Leader..

I run a long leader with the Spin-in-glow above the Hoochies, I do use a bead between the Glow and bait. Now I must confess I use a very small, very, very small Hoochy and even a smaller Spin-in-glow..I am targeting Land Locked Chinook; they may be quite a bit smaller than there parents but have the same instincts. Quite the new fishery we are privy to in its infancy, ten years from now this thing is going to be so popular. Formative adversary and excellent table fare...JMO

Chuck