speaking of roe!!

T
the salmon kid
i have several pounds of cured salmon and steel head roe in my freezer what are the laws on selling salmon roe,. can you do it,. because i have a-lot of roe from last year that is getting old and I'm not to sure what the laws on it are??:think:

E
everett464
Short of bartering with your buddies to supply the beer in exchange for you bringing the bait, you are not going to be able to get any sort of return on that stuff, at least not legally.

B
bigdog
everett464 said:
Short of bartering with your buddies to supply the beer in exchange for you bringing the bait, you are not going to be able to get any sort of return on that stuff, at least not legally.

This is correct you have to have the proper licences and permits to sell it and then even after that you are not allowed to sell any eggs out of fish that are harvested as a sport fisherman.

J
JeannaJigs
Can't sell it like the guys said.

Why the heck aren't you using it?!

H
Halfthrive
Yep. not supposed to sell it, but that doesn't stop me from buying it. I'd take it if I already didn't have a crap load.

T
the salmon kid
i definetly use it with great success, but when i catch a hen or when my buddy does he just throws the roe away or when someone offers me their salmon roe, i dont want it to go to wast so i take it and cure it up. i just wanted to know the laws
thanks how much are the permits or licenses

B
bigdog
Your looking at around $250 for everything and then you still can sell the eggs that you get from sport fishing has to be comercial fishing.

J
JeannaJigs
Can you imagine how many MORE people would be slittin' open hens for the eggs and tossing the carcass if you could legally sell the eggs from a sport caught fish...Would be ridiculous. It's bad enough as it is finding black betties ripped open for the eggs.