Southern Oregon Fish OFF

T
Throbbit _Shane
So lets see how many of us So. Or. anglers are on this wonderful website. Colby and i were talking about having a little get together at a lake down here. I know if anyone comes they'll be able to learn a thing or two from our resident bass master Colby. I was thinking Applegate, or Emigrant Lake would be great, maybe even Agate lake.

Time frame will be any weekend after i buy my pontoon :D

Any input will be great, especially if you think you might want to attend.

:) :D :lol: :cool: :dance: :clap: :pray: :dance: :clap: :pray: :dance: :clap: :pray:

C
colbypearson
i really think this would be cool and hope that all you southern oregonians show up on here to join in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::clap::dance::):D

T
Thuggin4Life
Man look what I started. Waiting for the easter oregon fish OFF. If it wasn't so far I'd do it.

C
colbypearson
haha too bad were are like the only southern oregonians it seems lol :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
There is mad dog and kfallskody as well sure there are more.

C
colbypearson
kfalls is abotu 2 hours its kinda a sucky winter road at times but maybe in the summer it would work out

T
Throbbit _Shane
I think theres a couple people from grants pass too. Lake Selmac might be another good place to fish.

C
colbypearson
colbybassmaster throbbit shane 2010 so ore fishO.F.F. the only 2 battling it out lol :lol: i hope people show up here i love selmac though :D

N
Ntofishing
I wouldn't mind drounding a few worms with you guys and I am from the area.

S
smokin'salmon
Hey there are a few more of us Southern Oregon boys that would be interested in a OFF meeting. Just let me know when and where

C
colbypearson
thats a start thanks for posting guys lake and time yet to be decided if you had any ideas :think: throw em out and we can all ponder the question :D

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice to see we got some interest from others besides colby and i :D

I think any lake we can target bass and trout and would be good.

B
bigsteel
when do you plan on having it?im from salem but am all over and would love to learn some bass fishing techniques.......

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im thinking maybe the 2nd or 3rd saturday of march? If anyone else has any ideas dont be shy.

Was thinking besides just fishing we could have a potluck lunch. I could bring some smoked trout and maybe steelhead if i get lucky, and some moose munch :D i love that stuff

C
colbypearson
i think emigrant is the best bet overall it will be the warmest in the area by them probubly low - mid 50's again weather being a key role i wen there last march and mid 40's but if it stays how it has been were in good shape

moose munch is the best :lol:

K
kfallscody
I am game :). I am always looking for a reason to go fish :) I don't know a whole lot about bass fishing but have done my fair share of trout fishing :). I will also have my new boat by then although depending on the roads I may or may not be able to bring it. If I do bring it my GF will come(is her truck that pulls it after all) but she enjoys fishing as well :)

If you all were feeling dangerous you could come over here and we can head after some of those huge Klamath Lake redband trout. Not really much in the way of bass in the lake though.... is up to you all. Is a bit of a drive if most everybody is in the valley :)

Last edited:
W
wormosa
Throbbit _Shane said:
Im thinking maybe the 2nd or 3rd saturday of march? If anyone else has any ideas dont be shy.

Was thinking besides just fishing we could have a potluck lunch. I could bring some smoked trout and maybe steelhead if i get lucky, and some moose munch :D i love that stuff
ok fellow throbbit i have to ask, what is moose munch, is it close to moose knuckle? if so i am not down with that lol

T
Throbbit _Shane
Its nothing like moose knuckles or camel toes.

Harry and David makes it, the best way i can describe it is DELICIOUS

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
So tempting...

So tempting...

This is so cool,not to mention tempting. Best advice? Keep it alive and update every couple days to keep it in front of members who may have missed it to begin with. Who knows? Just might have another huge turnout. Great job guys! :naughty:

N
Ntofishing
kfallscody said:
If you all were feeling dangerous you could come over here and we can head after some of those huge Klamath Lake redband trout. Not really much in the way of bass in the lake though.... is up to you all. Is a bit of a drive if most everybody is in the valley :)

I am game on that one. Those fish are so much fun to catch.