Southern Oregon Coast to NW Coast trip

S
slimyguts
Spring Break! No kids. Loaded up the suburban with the air mattress and camping gear and headed to Gold Beach on the Rogue River. Starting out here and working our way up the coast back to McMinnville.

Will be fishing many new spots and posting pics of the water and catches. If anyone knows of any good spots to fish (river, lake, stream, mud puddle, whatever) let me know. Tried to get some info off this site from the locals before my trip and got nothin so any help or info would be sweet. I will try to update daily. Hope to get some more salmon, crab, clam, bass and whatever else is biting......

Day one of fishing on the Rogue was awesome!! I am stuck to bank fishin. There were about 5 boats near us. Fished for one hour and got a beauty!! So fresh there was still sea lice stuck to him! Using anchovies and a new (to me) way to rig up from the bank. Will use this method again to see if it works of if this one was a fluke.

G
Growbug
nice fish... we want to see one that size (or larger) at every stop

S
slimyguts
Almost forgot the most priceless sign at a campground. No we did not stay at this one. I had too much meth in my truck! haha

C
Cohosanders
Nice fish!!!!:clap: Yeah and don't METH around:lol: Keep those fish and those pics 'a comin:dance:

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! Guess you are OFF to a good start! Keep the pics coming.

N
nwkiller
nice work, lets see somemore...

B
bigsteel
great fish man,,,,,,,,,no meth for the steelhead

S
slimyguts
OK. day two on the Rogue = got skunked......but so did everyone else. Tried goin up river but the current is so strong 6 oz of lead just bounces down the river. Tryin to fish with spinners is a joke. Sweet lookin spots (see pics below).

Startin to move north tomorrow. Think I found a few coastal lakes and maybe a river or two to fish. Any ideas where to stop? Even if ya never been there, I can check it out.

B
bigsteel
looks like great fly fishing water

T
Thuggin4Life
I suggest once you get to tahkanitch just pull over at every lake you see until you get to suttle just to see the sights. there are several along that stretch.

S
slimyguts
Thanks for the info Thug, will keep my eyes open.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
once you get to lakeside,after reedsport,you might want to try ten mile creek,although i think its gone
quiet there now,but a lot of the coastal lakes are getting stocked now,if you want to catch hatchery tiddllers.
enjoy the sunshine ,rains coming on thursday.

S
slimyguts
Tried Elk River today. Beautiful water. Can see every pebble in the bottom of a 6 ft deep hole. Mainly a drift boat show cause there is only public access at the put in and the take out, all other is private property. Got skunked. Stopped by a lake called Bradley Lake outside of Bandon. NAILED THEM!!
Only acces by bank is at the boat launch. Looks sweet for bass. Within 30 min. I landed 12 and lost about 6. All in the 2.5 to 3+ lb range. All fought pretty nice. A few locals there were gettin pissed cause it took them over two hours to get their limit. Take a small boat or pontoon. Fish were congreated in this area i think due to strong winds out on the main lake.

In Coos Bay now. Looks like mostly a boat show here. Found a few lake to try tomorrow and check out the river situation.

T
Thuggin4Life
No problem man. Goo luck on your trip. We are all very jealous, well I know I am. Keep the pictures coming.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
you could try empire lakes today,ODFW stocked it with brooders this week,might see you there.SsS

S
slimyguts
Actuallly headin there in about an hour. Then up to tenmile lake

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
you can hire a boat at osprey point rv park,or try the dock at the county boat ramp,not a lot of
bank access on ten mile in lakeside,also a bit weedy close to shore.

S
slimyguts
Almost forgot the pic that shows what a hillbilly I is. Hotel had no breakfast, so I cooked hashbrowns and eggs on the tailgate.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
never travel far without a colmans;)

B
bigsteel
slimyguts said:
Almost forgot the pic that shows what a hillbilly I is. Hotel had no breakfast, so I cooked hashbrowns and eggs on the tailgate.

thats the best breakfast right there