Southeast fish 2011

F
fishfry
Hey all, figured I'd start a new thread since the old one has run it's course. Been laid up for the last week or so with bronchitis so hadn't been fishing. River's are still really high for this time of the year and the Sprague has been more than slow. Felt better this weekend so decided to go somewhere new with my girl to try our luck. Went to a couple of lakes about an hour from our house but they were SUPER crowded (which I hate) so I decided to try one I hadn't been to for about 16 yrs that's back out of the way. Didn't have any bites for about an hour so I threw on a fat nightcrawler with no weight and threw it along shore. After it sat a few minutes I began to reel it in and as it got to the dock I noticed a real nice trout trailing it, so I stopped and let it fall and that big boy turned around and nailed it. Did the same for my fiance and we ended up with these two nice 22 inchers and had a blast :)

• 2camp22.jpg
  • camp22.jpg
troutdude
troutdude
Dood, R U just eggin' me too git OFF my butt and make a trip down there? LOL

Nicely done...AGAIN!

J
Johnny Southpaw
nice trout!! awesome when you can see the fish chasing AND have it nail your bait/lure!! way to go.

M
Mad dog
Nice!!! :clap:

Man, I sure miss those lakes down there! :(

B
bigsteel
excellent fish man

T
TTFishon
Nice fish!

N
nwkiller
hell ya man, nice pair of pigs!

F
fishfry
Well finally got a nice one from the sprague yesterday. Went down stream a ways in the boat and nailed a 22 incher on the second cast with a j-7 black and silver rapala. Ill post the pic later. Hopefully they begin to pick up here finally.

F
fishfry
Hola everyone. Figured it was time to start posting again lol. Had my batchelor party at a reservoir this last weekend and had an awesome time. All the guys I took up with me had a blast and we got all of them into some nice bass. Most of the bass were 2 to 2.5 lbs. It was tough at first because the water there is REALLY clear and there's not much in the way of cover but we pulled through. Anyway hope everyone had a great labor day weekend. About time for the big trout to start moving through :pray: can't wait :)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap: :clap: Way to go!! :clap: :clap:
When are you being un-bachelored? :lol:

F
fishfry
Got unbachelored on sunday :)

T
TTFishon
Congrats on the unbacheloring and the nice bass!!!

C
cougarjim
Well I am glad to be back on the forum again, been off for quite a while. Been reading fishfry's post.
Very entertaining. Klamath river opens Saturday. I think I will try it out.

F
fishfry
Hey cougar were you down there on saturday? I was down there all day. Did alright, landed six between 17 and 20 inches and even got one on my fly rod finally :) It was good to be down there again, always one of my favorite stretches of water.

C
cougarjim
fishfry
yes I was just below the dam for a while. Too crowded for me. It looked like the Wal Mart parking lot down there. I will go back on week days from now own, I am retired and can go any time. I just live 5 minutes from the Keno Dam. I didn't have any luck, couldn't find a good spot open.

F
fishfry
October fish

October fish

Ugh busy busy busy. Haven't had nearely the time to fish this year as I did last but still did alright when I got out. Busy working, fixing up a house, getting firewood and trying to keep a pregnant wife happy lol. Here are some pics of some of the fish I got into this Oct on the Sprague. Most were about 24-25 inches with a few 26-26.5 inchers sprinkled in the mix. Lost a MONSTER last day of the season which was fitting I guess lol.

Last edited:
F
fishfry
Made it down to the Klamath River yesterday breifly in between doing stuff in town. Took my fly pole with me since I've REALLY been wanting to get a nice wild redside on the fly. Ended up getting this FAT 24 inch buck. Had some really really nice color to him. Hooked him on a black wooly bugger, letting it drift down a seam in the current. Couldn't have ask for a better fighter either, he must have jumped 8-10 times throughout the fight and made many a strong run. IM HOOKED on fly fishing now. It was beyond words :)

F
fishfry
Oops forgot one of the Oct fish. This was a 24 incher.

troutdude
troutdude
Uh oh. Yet another fisherpeep has made a quantum leap into a worm hole <pun intended>, and has materialized on the "dark side" (read: fly fishing). <j/k>

Wow. You're trips and pics never cease to amaze! Up here, we'd call those Steelies. LOL

F
fishfry
Well I haven't been out much lately because my son was born Dec 1st :) :) :) :) Finally made it down to the river this last week with my new fly pole and had a blast. Landed 7-8 very nice fish between 20-23 inches. It was a blast and I am LOVING fly fishing!!! Enjoy the pics.