South Umpqua float

C
colbypearson
So me and quite a few other forum members have been tossing this idea around and we really think it would be an absolute blast for everyone to take toon's and stuff down some stretches of the South umpqua for smallies! :dance:... it would be a blast and that river is incredible... so lets do it! toss ideas and things around here, regs we should know, places that are off limits, i am thinking an 8 or so hour float would be awesome but i dont know the river that well so im not sure about that, but lets start planning it... im thinking june would be a good month!

Reactions: GraphiteZen
T
TJR_84
I would be down for some smallie fishing, june would be a great month the water should be down and warmed up by then i hope!

C
colbypearson
TJR_84 said:
I would be down for some smallie fishing, june would be a great month the water should be down and warmed up by then i hope!

i know its been a cold year! i think it would just be a blast for everyone to get into some river smallies... but i dont know the river and where to launch and take out etc... or if there is even long toon-able stretches that would work :D

T
tomriker
As long as it's in the first 2 weeks of June Im down too

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
As long as it's in the first 2 weeks of June Im down too

lets do it then sounds like a good time to me!

brandon4455
brandon4455
im in. since it's june school will be out. ill probably hitch a ride like i usually do. ill try to find some access info and all that mumbo jumbo. i say weekend of june 11-12 to make a starting point on seeing what date works best. and i'm sure someone will have a floating device for me to borrow. even if i have to use your float tube colby :lol: i can provide some food and stuff too if it's needed

C
colbypearson
brandon4455 said:
im in. since it's june school will be out. ill probably hitch a ride like i usually do. ill try to find some access info and all that mumbo jumbo. i say weekend of june 11-12 to make a starting point on seeing what date works best. and i'm sure someone will have a floating device for me to borrow. even if i have to use your float tube colby :lol: i can provide some food and stuff too if it's needed

yep i am looking for either a new pontoon or a loaner i would rather toon it, mine is a pile of junk... never get the cimmaron pontoon boat its crud.... anyways i will keep an eye on craigslist haha, and i will update when i know for sure that i will be free, but i should be open just about any weekend besides the third weekend of the month :)

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
yep i am looking for either a new pontoon or a loaner i would rather toon it, mine is a pile of junk... never get the cimmaron pontoon boat its crud.... anyways i will keep an eye on craigslist haha, and i will update when i know for sure that i will be free, but i should be open just about any weekend besides the third weekend of the month :)

We will time it for the first couple weeks TT and I did a float last year slide hole to elkton it tokk a good 6-7 hrs so that may work good , have one xtra toon told TR he could use it ,have a third if I get the frame welded and the one toon outer sewn . there is an outside chance I will get my two person pontoon by then too if the overtime comes like I think it will. Just has ta be a weekend for me and I am good to go .

brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:
We will time it for the first couple weeks TT and I did a float last year slide hole to elkton it tokk a good 6-7 hrs so that may work good , have one xtra toon told TR he could use it ,have a third if I get the frame welded and the one toon outer sewn . there is an outside chance I will get my two person pontoon by then too if the overtime comes like I think it will. Just has ta be a weekend for me and I am good to go .

if you need help fixing any of the toons up let me know might be able to get my hands on some sewing stuff. this sounds like it's shaping up to be a good trip!! heres a vid to get everyone excited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIBwCrWLcJs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Qg1BAf8mU&feature=related

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
my buddies hit it this weekend and the biggest smallie was 6lbs 2 ounces!!!!!!!! with a 5lbr a couple 4's and not even one under 2lbs, but thats prespawn the dinkers arent out yet, but they are there!!!!!!

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:

awesome! sounds good... i think i might hit up ryan for an ultra light!!! well not ultra light but light hahaha that would be a blast hopefully i can let him know in time and buy one to wrangle some smallies on light tackle.

brandon4455
brandon4455
colbypearson said:
my buddies hit it this weekend and the biggest smallie was 6lbs 2 ounces!!!!!!!! with a 5lbr a couple 4's and not even one under 2lbs, but thats prespawn the dinkers arent out yet, but they are there!!!!!!

holy **** dude. if only we could go out there now LOL

C
colbypearson
brandon4455 said:
holy **** dude. if only we could go out there now LOL

i will see if i can post a pic once i talk to him later!

T
TTFishon
I'm kind of a month to month basis kind of guy so I won't know if I can go til the end of May. If all goes well then I'm in.

C
colbypearson
TTFishon said:
I'm kind of a month to month basis kind of guy so I won't know if I can go til the end of May. If all goes well then I'm in.

sweet hopefully you can go!

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
T
Throbbit _Shane
Ill be there! :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
i hope someone from my area goes. i guess if anyone is coming from anywhere north of me it would not be a problem for them to drop by and get me ;)

T
tomriker
you should get a car :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Might take my raft.

N
nwkiller
if i can make it i defenetly will. i love the umpqua! smallies are so fun!