South Sanitam...

F
FishingSlayer89
Heading over to the south santiam river tomorrow with the guys in the drift boat. Didn't see any news at all about the south, so wasn't sure if any buddy had any advice at all. I'll let you all know how many fish i catch tomorrow and big they are.
FIIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
CCCAAAMMMEEERRRAAA!!!!! lol

troutdude
troutdude
May be too late, but...

Black n' white jigs will kill 'em!

Also in the right water type...Black n' green spinners (or other things of the same color)

B
bigfootfish
FishingSlayer89 said:
Heading over to the south santiam river tomorrow with the guys in the drift boat. Didn't see any news at all about the south, so wasn't sure if any buddy had any advice at all. I'll let you all know how many fish i catch tomorrow and big they are.
FIIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to OFF, FS89. Though you might get more replies if you started your thread where it should be, in the Willamette Zone where the South Santiam is. I'm surprised the SM's didn't pick up on that.

BFF

BFF

K
kmleopard
Man! I wouldn't want to take my boat down the S. Santiam right now. I thinks it's down around 850 cfm. I haven't seen too much in the way of fish except up in the stretch just below the hatchery. Be prepared for combat fishing conditions . . . especially this weekend. Good luck!

M
Mike123
Where the fish haven't been harassed, 8lb flouro or 6lb mono with #4 hook threaded night crawler and small corkie. That is what kills these LOW CLEAR water steelies. You may entice one with a really subtle jig too.

B
bigfootfish
Mike123 said:
Where the fish haven't been harassed, 8lb flouro or 6lb mono with #4 hook threaded night crawler and small corkie. That is what kills these LOW CLEAR water steelies. You may entice one with a really subtle jig too.

That's real good advice, Mike123. Thanks!

BFF

M
Mike123
bigfootfish said:
That's real good advice, Mike123. Thanks!

BFF

Yup :D

You will get a lot more trout bites, but worth it.

B
bigfootfish
kmleopard said:
Man! I wouldn't want to take my boat down the S. Santiam right now. I thinks it's down around 850 cfm. I haven't seen too much in the way of fish except up in the stretch just below the hatchery. Be prepared for combat fishing conditions . . . especially this weekend. Good luck!

After Labor Day the Santiams should go up, especially the North. The South might or might not, depending on how much water is still behind Green Peter Dam.

BFF