South Fork McKenzie

T
Thuggin4Life
Last week I got a random call from BFishin wanting to gear up and head up above Cougar to do some fishing. So I threw some tackle together and thew on the waders. Started out nice but soon turned a little rainy but a good day to fish. We started hitting any spot where the river didn't look too fast. And also found spots where we just had to guess and do a little hiking. One spot was down a really steep bank. I had never been up there and never realized how nice it is up there. We managed to C&R a few nice fish but didn't always have the camera handy. Ended up being really wet by the time we left but it was worth it. Turned out being a very good spur of the moment trip but Bfishin will have to fill you guys in a little more.

B
Bfishin
True...It was definitely a memorable trip that I will never forget. I manged a a dink Rainbow, a nice 15" Rainbow, and a 20+" Bull Trout! That Bull is the most beautiful fish I've ever caught. Wow, what a fight it put up. It was bull dogging and peeling line like you wouldn't believe! Keep in mind I was fighting it on my little ultra light Ugly Stick. At first I had no idea what I was hooked into. This fish was staying deep in the bottom of a deep pool. I looked at Andy and he said my eyes were bulging out of my head! I said "it's a pig dude, It's a pig!" The fight ensued for about 5 minutes and then I saw a big bronze flash and knew instantly it was a Bull. He tired out and let me get a nice pic before letting him back to the wild. Thanks Andy for the great pics!

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
You guys have sure been gettin into some fish huh? Nice fish!

Savages.

J
JASMINE
bueatifull bull trout!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Also Bfishin hooked another big fish two casts before that one. Fought it for 5 minutes before it went downstream snagging his line around a boulder in the process. While he fought it for another 10 minutes trying unsnag his line. It damn near ran his spool out. After coming unsnagged a fight downstream began. I thought for sure he was gonna get water in his waders but after a few minutes more, POP, no more fish. Never even got to see it. He was more careful with the second pig but as he said he was fishing with his ultra light but the first had to have been half again bigger. No joke.

D
Dichrofisher
Very nice fish! The water looks great. Thanks for the re[port.

B
Boywhofishes
great fish!

Y
yellowjacket
The Further from the Road the Bigger the Fish!!

The Further from the Road the Bigger the Fish!!

Thuggin4Life said:
Also Bfishin hooked another big fish two casts before that one. Fought it for 5 minutes before it went downstream snagging his line around a boulder in the process. While he fought it for another 10 minutes trying unsnag his line. It damn near ran his spool out. After coming unsnagged a fight downstream began. I thought for sure he was gonna get water in his waders but after a few minutes more, POP, no more fish. Never even got to see it. He was more careful with the second pig but as he said he was fishing with his ultra light but the first had to have been half again bigger. No joke.

Nice fish y'all found, :clap: what were they hitting?

T
Thuggin4Life
yellowjacket said:
Nice fish y'all found, :clap: what were they hitting?

We fished a combination of 1/4oz down to 1/8oz spoons and spinners. Nothing stood out as the go to lure.