Somthing ocured to me

Z
zarboth
i heard trout fishing is not open until may 21st or 22nd well our school fishing club is going this wendsday may 19th what will happen btw it will be at blue lake. And if this is alright i would like some tips about trying to catch trout in this lake if not. I dont care the school will get the blame for it. Btw if it helps we are leaving right at 3:40 until 5:00 thanks

T
Thuggin4Life
You should care you are still breaking the law and admitting it on the forum is against the rules. be careful you could still get a ticket and even a warning for not obiding by the rules of the forum. As for tips i haven't fished there so i can't help ya. try not to fish next to everyone in the club and cover lots of water. Maybe try a thomas spoon, my favorite.

Z
zarboth
oh i aplogize. I just dont see how i could get ticketed for somthing my school did. And it is just a hinch i really dont know for shure

B
beaverfan
Trout season is open! It is just closed in some streams. Blue Lake and many other lakes are open year round for Trout!

Oh and the school wouldn't get the blame for it, YOU would be ticketed and fined! Knowingly breaking fish and game laws makes you a poacher and I don't think you want to be considered one of those.

Z
zarboth
oh that is quit a relife. Now for some tips!!!!! anone got any for bluelake

T
the_intimidator03
Ok, If this is the Blue lake east of portland out of fairview, It is legal to fish for trout in there YEAR round The general trout regulations that state a season such as may 22 to oct 31 for example... is for rivers, streams, creeks. There is a seperate listing for lakes/reservoirs included which state they are open year round in the willamette zone, I further do not see blue lake listed in the special regulations for the willamette zone,
There for the general rules apply, These are,
Angling restricted to artificial flies and lures in streams; See exceptions under Special Regulations
8 inch minimum length
Only 1 trout over 20 inches in length may be taken per day.
Rainbow trout over 20 inches are considered steelhead in streams.
Closed to angling for bull trout
Kokanee included in trout limits except as noted under Special Regulations[/B

In lakes there is a limit of 5 trout per day 2 daily limits in possession
Streams are catch and release only except under Special Regulations

This should clear up ANYTHING about the legality of fishing blue lake right now for trout, given that this is the blue lake near fairview

T
the_intimidator03
hah i miss two post while typing that up for you LOL

T
Thuggin4Life
Just wanted to give you a heads up. i hate getting tickets. but seems like you have the attitude thats gonna get you in trouble. also if you are gonna do something illegal don't post about it here so you don't get infractions or worse. just speaking from experiance. good luck when you go and a bit of advice. always check your reg book when fishing new water never take someones word on the regs because some people just know it "all".

T
Thuggin4Life
the_intimidator03 said:
hah i miss two post while typing that up for you LOL

i hate it whe nthat happens.

F
fishnquest
search trout on the search bar at the top. find troutdude's thread on trout fishing with power eggs; some great help there. Try to find underwater channels or holes rather than just shallow sloping bank areas. Don't stay forever in one spot. Move along if you don't get fish. Good luck.

B
bassman503
I did good at Blue Lake this year. Use a sliding sinker rig with a leader about 4-5 feet. The left corner of the dock is the best spot! Use rainbow, orange, or green power bait. Worms=no fish. If you want, bring some bread or corn for some carp! Or bass gear, there are huge bass spawning at both ends of the lake where there is cover.

B
Bucknasty
amen thuggin4life!

T
Troutier Bassier
bassman503 said:
I did good at Blue Lake this year. Use a sliding sinker rig with a leader about 4-5 feet. The left corner of the dock is the best spot! Use rainbow, orange, or green power bait. Worms=no fish. If you want, bring some bread or corn for some carp! Or bass gear, there are huge bass spawning at both ends of the lake where there is cover.

You fail. I caught a ton of trout on worms there.

And why would you not care about the school getting in trouble for it? What school are you talking about??

S
Snagger
Worms=no fish.

Someone needs to learn how to fish then.

R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:
Maybe try a thomas spoon, my favorite.

yes!! thomas spoon! my favorite lure to! the rainbow one or the all silver/chrome one, kills fish... most of these spoons do, but those are my 2 fav ones.