Some winter killers for a friend what do u think?

Y
youngbuck307
So buddy of mine just picked up his first fish on a jig cents forever ago. Now he really gettting back into bobber fishing. So thought I try and help him out with some jigs I tied up today. Had 10 hours of time on my hands today so painted some heads I made up with cj like 6 months ago lol and got to twisting... So normaly I run pretty much some color of pink jig. It's just what works for me, but who knows what is going to work for him so I wanted to chang things up so here is what i came up with. For u people out there who make ur own let me know if u got any tips.

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/youngbuck307/4f13028c.jpg

Last edited:
kirkster
kirkster
They look awesome to me. I know you asked for opinions from other jig makers. So I do have to say im no jig maker. But I figured I would let ya know. Keep up the good work.

Y
youngbuck307
Cool now all I got to do is talk the guy into buying some
coon shrimp to tip them with and should do great with them

J
jeffcycles
Those look really nice. I've been tying a bunch lately and have had great success with Beau Mac style beaded jigs. I found this simple to follow guide online. He uses yarn with these but I've substituted marabou and they look good too.

S
SantiamDrifter
Personally I think you could catch a winter steelhead on all those. The two I like best are on the middle row, the two on the right. They look like they have the fullest feathers and nice color combo. The one on the bottom row on the left looks a little thin. You could add more feathers to make it full. I see your adding crystal flash, I like that. Matching flash to the feathers, or goin with a crystal flash really gives jigs a little boost, if ya feel me. I like tying in my flash first, then the feathers on top, give it a try some time. Only jig your missing is a nightmere jig. Tie it on a white jig head and you'll be ready to go.

A
Anyfishisfine
Very nice. I know they will catch fish because the ones I've made like that do. The only thing I do different is add a Chenille body. And I add flash as suggested above.

But I tie the same patterns and they work well on the Sandy for me. In fact I want to say you were there one day (near Garbage hole) when they were working for me.

S
SantiamDrifter
Another thing, I like matching the color of my thread to the colors in the jig. You can build up the body in a pink or red or whatever color you want. Like a mightmere jig. I tie it on a white jig head, with black feathers. But I'll use red thread to tie it. Then I'll just fill the neck in to complete the jig.