Some one give me an opening weekend report on either howard or hyatt

S

supertodd

Need report on either Hyatt or Howard. I was stuck at work all weekend long. Plan to hit them on tues or wed. hope to get report.

E

eat, sleep, fish

Howard was horrible and heard Hyatt was the same. We got 2 fish for 6 people and saw very few others catch any fish. Diamond Lake was the place to go.

S

supertodd

Thanks 4 the update- I want to hit diamond after the first maybe less ice on the lake and get 3 extra trout.

Last edited:
troutdude

troutdude

If you have some sort of water craft, I'd suggest SLOWLY trolling Wooly Buggers and Leach patterns. Those should work great, with the waters temps still cold.

S

supertodd

I think an 18 ft customweld sled w/4.3 v6, american 309 jet, & w/ 15 hp Johnson for trolling could be considered a water craft. I usually troll to my regular spots then try a lil bait fishing. just need to figure out which lake to hit. I'm taking 2 new co-workers that have never fished either lake. It use to be an easy decision prior to 5 years ago- I could drive to Howard and have a limit in about an hour of good 14-17" fish.

S

SALTYFISH

I think an 18 ft customweld sled w/4.3 v6, american 309 jet, & w/ 15 hp Johnson for trolling could be considered a water craft.

Well aren't u special!!Sorry i had to u sounded a little cocky!!!

T

Throbbit _Shane

Im floating Hyatt some time this week. Only because its easier for me to fish in my pontoon. Not as windy as Howard.

Both lakes should have real fat trout. Bait will probably work best.

S

supertodd

Well hit Howard on wed fished from 1045 to 8ish- caught one trout within the first 10 minutes that was the only fish. On other boat had 2 fish at 3pm and they started at 05dark 30. no one else had any fish that I saw. They need to poison Howard and start over. I want the howard that it was 10 years ago.