Some advice

T

Throbbit _Shane

Dont drive on dirt roads very fast after its been raining. I learned the hard way tonight.

I fished Lost Creek Lake today. and i packed up around 6 and decided to explore which was a bad idea. i got up in the hills it was very beautiful. but then on my way back i was coming down and hit my brakes and locked up and my car flipped over on its side...

Im ok and my car seems ok but it was a very hard lesson learned.

B

bigsteel

glad to hear your ok bud..........keep it slow on them dirt roads bro.....

T

Throbbit _Shane

Thanks guys. tomorrow ill find out how bad the car actually is. from what i could see the roof was just a little dent from a tree. my boat funds will probably be going towards this now... and i was gonna buy a pontoon this week too... oh well.. could of been much worse i guess. if i figure out how to upload pictures from a phone ill post a picture of my car on its side in the woods..

T

Throbbit _Shane

nope i tryd to lol. even if we would of got it over on its wheels it would of been high centered on a pretty nice size rock. tomorrow morning im going out there with a wrecker to get it out.

T

Thuggin4Life

Least you made it out alright. I would go up with a truck and some cumalongs and some buddies before paying for a wrecker.

T

TTFishon

I'm glad you're ok. I'm with Thuggin. If you can get it out of there with the help of some friends then go that route unless you have road side assistance.

Troutski

Troutski

Hey, what a gip. ....we want pictures.....pictures, Pictures, PICTURES.....;)
Glad you are alright.....lessons in life are there for a reason.
Again - glad you are o.k.

Chuck

B

beaverfan

Glad you made it out ok, how'd the car turn out? I tried to tell ya that flippin the car on it's side is not an effective way to scrub off road grime maybe next time you'll listen!

B

BigJon

Don't drive on dirt roads FAST AT ALL even if it is not raining because one of these days you will run into a log truck or a larger vehicle and your little car won't stand a chance. COMMON SENSE is all you need to survive in this world. How about posting advice that is actually useful instead on pointless. HOPEFULLY you learned your lession!!!

T

Throbbit _Shane

I'm wondering, what make vehicle are you driving Bro? 2x4 or 4x4?

Have a Great Weekend...

Its just a Ford Taurus Wagon. thanks for the kind words. my week has been one to forget. my good friend lost a buddy yesterday. so its been bad..

Glad you made it out ok, how'd the car turn out? I tried to tell ya that flippin the car on it's side is not an effective way to scrub off road grime maybe next time you'll listen!

My car is at the shop. It seems fine. but my wallet is gonna be hurt lol/

Don't drive on dirt roads FAST AT ALL even if it is not raining because one of these days you will run into a log truck or a larger vehicle and your little car won't stand a chance. COMMON SENSE is all you need to survive in this world. How about posting advice that is actually useful instead on pointless. HOPEFULLY you learned your lession!!!

Thanks? :D

T

Throbbit _Shane

Hey BigJon want to come tell me some advice ? I live a 1/4 mile from Crater Lake Highway, Medford :)

Ill be here all day til 630 :D

Ill then be at the Medford Armory, if theres anyone in the area that enjoys MMA also called cage fighting should come down. Look for my hair if u come lol :)

Last edited:
Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Oh dear...

Oh dear...

Throbbit_Shane;
Whoa,that is a scary picture of the car! :shock: I'm so glad you are okay and your car will be back on the road soon. :clap: I'm afraid the interior would have been wet if it had been me in there...:redface: :whistle: :lol:

B

BigJon

Throbbit_Shane-Are you a little agitated about my comment towards you? My advice to you is real, because the reality is that if you drive unsafe on Oregon's back roads it will bite you in the rear as you have already found out. I have seen numerous individuals hauling a$$ on forest roads because they think it is fun until they come around the corner and see my truck or a log truck or even another car. Both vehicles have to do a quick maneuver and it creates unnecessary risk. If you have ever driven on a forest road and come across a large vehicle around the corner it can be at times freaky. I have seen some horrible accidents in the woods and one of them someone died.

I really hope that you will play it safe and enjoy the forests of Oregon. I have a feeling that from seeing your car flipped over you probably will be more careful in the future.
By the way, are you an MMA fighter, fan or both?

Respect OREGON!

T

Throbbit _Shane

I was agitated, but now im back on the road im fine :D

Im a fan of MMA. why?