Soft hackle fly tying vid

brandon4455
brandon4455
soft hackles are the best. one of the funnest ways to fish for trout and very effective. ill post some pictures of the soft hackles that i tie later this month. by the way soft hackes are most often fished on the swing rather then dead drifted under an indicator. they most often imitate emerging insects but work even when theres no hatch. i have caught fish using them fished under a heavier fly though also the video isn't loading very well,might be my computer but im not sure

Last edited:
M
mrlindeman
Thanks for the reply man! :) I have never swung this pattern, I will definatly give it a try.

Thanks for movin this post to the correct area mods/ admins :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
mrlindeman said:
Thanks for the reply man! :) I have never swung this pattern, I will definatly give it a try.

Thanks for movin this post to the correct area mods/ admins :)

no problem. if you want to come fish when trout season opens i can show you how to fish them. just like swinging for steel. very fun and effective

M
mrlindeman
Sounds great!!! :)

L
Letsfish
Thanks for the video. I tie my own flies and love to fish soft hackles, but never thought of tying some up using floss. Thanks for the tip.

brandon4455
brandon4455
forgot to ask what kind of hook are you using? that is pretty cool looking. i usually use the tmc 3769 or 3761 sizes 12-18 and use ice dub for a body

M
mrlindeman
Its a hook I got for tying egg patterns. Im not sure what its style is but they are available at Wholesale. Great hooks.