Social Security Beach

P
pdxstateofmind
First timer, is social security beach easy to find? I'm assuming it's not the main park area.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Go through fort stevens and drive almost all the way to the end. Drive past lot C and there is a break in the cyclone fence and Jersey barriers where they are doing construction. Drive out on the beach and go the where the beach has its furthest point out into the river. We were there last weekend. We hooked 6, landed 4, kept 2. Flying C spinners in chartreuse and pink with a chartreuse tipped blade were the hot spinners. Good luck! Oh, and get there early!!!

P
pdxstateofmind
O. mykiss said:
Go through fort stevens and drive almost all the way to the end. Drive past lot C and there is a break in the cyclone fence and Jersey barriers where they are doing construction. Drive out on the beach and go the where the beach has its furthest point out into the river. We were there last weekend. We hooked 6, landed 4, kept 2. Flying C spinners in chartreuse and pink with a chartreuse tipped blade were the hot spinners. Good luck! Oh, and get there early!!!
Thank you! How early would you say? I live about two hours away. Would a smaller sedan fare well on the beach?

P
pdxstateofmind
Also, only retention of hatchery coho is allowed right?

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
If you don’t have four wheel drive in would park at the entrance to the beach. I would be there before daylight. Especially if you will have to walk 1/4-1/2 mile on the beach

Reactions: pdxstateofmind
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
pdxstateofmind said:
Also, only retention of hatchery coho is allowed right?
Yeah, however you are allowed to keep three this year

Reactions: pdxstateofmind
P
pdxstateofmind
Thanks again your info was very helpful. Do you know when the season ends for this area?