So who has caught a Salmon lately???

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
So who has caught a Salmon lately??? If so where! I knkow it's early so I will wait for all you to get up, out of bed and I get the coffee going !!! Cream sugar?

Last edited:
P
plumb2fish
fathers day.jpgI caught mine on the far seam back-bouncing a small clump of roe under a small chrome/orange spin-glo....finally filled my hatch tag....time to get another I guess....they are finally in the southern willamette valley in decent #'s...been wackin em every trip for the last 2 weeks

Last edited:
P
plumb2fish
I'd make the pics bigger if I was computer literate

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
plumb2fish said:
I'd make the pics bigger if I was computer literate
OH hun, I can help ya there LOL :) go to irfan it is free and a great download for resizing and altering pics, it does not let them get all distorted to and you can edit them as well.... :)
ON A BETTER NOTE YEAH That is great news, super that you got one, I have been skunked but everyone I know has been telling me NOT to use row here for springers only coho and fallies, at the coast roe is what we used most.

I had to jump into that nasty willie down at charbonue fishing dock, I got a couple big strikes back to back then POP up in air went my pole then in the water ") LOL GEESE I didn't even know I could still move that fast with in 3 seconds I was to the edge of that dock reached down, knew I was not going to reach it and just dove in! CRAP!!! I swooped my hand knowing reflextion in the water is a little of got hold of my pole and tried to set the hook under water LOL NOTHING WAS THERE BOOO HOO AH LOL So than I came back to the dock and realized it was about 3 and a half feet above the water I was like I am stuck nope I can't do that LOL Finally I figured out, with help how to get out! LOL Too funny it was LOL the boys on the dock were laughen giving me crap LOL they were all amazed that I actually got my pole!

V
VagrantAngler
Lemon Joy and anise and distilled water, took awhile to get the mix right

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
VagrantAngler said:
Lemon Joy and anise and distilled water, took awhile to get the mix right
You know I have always been told to use Joy when around water cleaning anything because it wont kill the fish! ") Never heard of that sauce though! ") LOL

M
Mad dog
Lately??? How about dailey???
001-9.jpg

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
That could not be me!!!

That could not be me!!!

Mad dog said:
Lately??? How about dailey???

I could never catch fish daily "( I have to work!!! but on Sundays I do ") just not salmon dog gone it!

M
Mad dog
R&M Boatsaleslady said:
I could never catch fish daily "( I have to work!!! but on Sundays I do ") just not salmon dog gone it!

It's called burning the candle at both ends! :D There's always before work or after work! Can't catch springers once the runs is over!!! Go out and get'em while you can! ;)

Reactions: beaverfan
S
skunk
You all make me sick, in a good way of course! Can't seem to get them figured out yet. Bout ready to toss in the towel and do some trout fishing, pick it up again for winters. Last two months out hasn't seen a bite on the clack for me.

R
RunWithSasquatch
skunk said:
You all make me sick, in a good way of course! Can't seem to get them figured out yet. Bout ready to toss in the towel and do some trout fishing, pick it up again for winters. Last two months out hasn't seen a bite on the clack for me.
Quiting isn't really an option, especially with fish still coming

S
skunk
RunWithSasquatch said:
Quiting isn't really an option, especially with fish still coming

Not a good option, but I'm tired of casting. haha, now I'm just whining. I'll most likely be out at it again in the morning......hard to stop hoping there's a fish in there. Where there's a fish, there's a fisherman!

R
RunWithSasquatch
That sounds better...

Where are you fishing?

H
Halfthrive
Last time I fished the Umpqua my buddies and I got into these.

_160472460682054_100001579030836_372171_1861627_n1.jpg

M
Mad dog
My son brought his limit home this morning.
001-10.jpg

M
Mad dog
Mad dog said:
001-10.jpg

In his PRIMUS tophat monkey T-shirt! :D Primus is bringing me a little Mojo lately!!! Had to swap out some of the cd's in the truck....I now have Frizzle fry and the Sea's of cheese in the changer and the bite has been on!!! :dance: Sometimes salmon fishing is about Mojo!!! :cool:

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
Mad dog said:
001-10.jpg
really I thought those looked like fall chinook! humm cool....

M
Mad dog
:think: What do fall Chinook look like??? :think:

Please explain? :D

R
R&M Boatsaleslady
Well thay all look the same but, the fall ones seem to look more beat up and bigger rougher looking.... Springers seem younger smaller, smooth.... That's what I always thought anyway~ Only ones that you can truely tell is coho to chinook here.

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
R&M Boatsaleslady said:
Well thay all look the same but, the fall ones seem to look more beat up and bigger rougher looking.... Springers seem younger smaller, smooth.... That's what I always thought anyway~ Only ones that you can truely tell is coho to chinook here.

Are you insinuating that those fish in the pic are beat up looking??? :think: They were gorgeous looking fish! :D

For me, If I was looking for the difference between fall fish or spring fish would be an adipose fin....very few clipped fall fish in this state. It's the end of june, It's just how springers look by this part of the run, lot's of fish bronzing up by now!