So what do you think?

T

TTFishon

I just noticed that my neighbor has a phone line going from the top of his house, across the street, over the phone line between telephone poles, and down into the phone box in the ground. Seems kinda fishy to me. What do you think?

E

eggs

Call the phone comapny.... sounds like a chance of some kid getting shocked or something..

M

Markcanby

Im a phone an cable contractor an I would say he has a damaged line an they came out an put up a temp. Most places do boring so it takes a few weeks to get it all set up. I do these all the time. As for SHOCK:shock: phone lines have less power then a electric fence. It the feeder Cable lines you have to say away from.

T

TTFishon

Im a phone an cable contractor an I would say he has a damaged line an they came out an put up a temp. Most places do boring so it takes a few weeks to get it all set up. I do these all the time. As for SHOCK:shock: phone lines have less power then a electric fence. It the feeder Cable lines you have to say away from.

That's good to know. Thanks

F

fishtales

Thats a good point but probably still worth calling about.

It could also be a renter living there and the phone company has given temp service until the owner of the property signs a access agreement. Or the phone line is temporary until the the phone comapny finisher their survey. Once the survey is done the phone comapny might be putting something in more permenant which could look pretty ugly. I would deffinatly call to see what is going on. I know I would not want a huge above the grond box across the steet from my house.... wait I already do.

But again it could just be a damaged line

F

fishtales

Also watch the line as the weather warms up. They tend to droop more and more as the weather gets hotter and hotter. On hot days you may see the line droop low enough that it could be a hazzard to tall trucks like UPS or Fed Ex.

T

Thuggin4Life

I wouldnt worry about it. It could just be a broke unemployed guy like me who can't afford a phone.

G

GraphiteZen

I wouldnt worry about it. It could just be a broke unemployed guy like me who can't afford a phone.

LOL agreed. Or a guy like my uncle *cough* hooking up the heavyweight fights for family gatherings!! Oh yeah!

Disclaimer:
*I do not condone such behavior, I merely participate in the observance of such behavior*

T

TTFishon

I'm not going to worry about it too much. He owns his house, plus I know him well enough to just ask him about it next time I see him. I'm sure it's something like what Markcanby stated. The junction box is right in between 2 houses both with kids and I know at least one of them would be concerned enough to report it.

G

GraphiteZen

Usually, if I see big orange extension cords draped over power poles leading to tarps I'll blow the whistle.

G

GraphiteZen

Yeah I mean if f I see big orange extension cords draped over power poles and not leading to tarps I usually won't. It might be a BBQ.

E

enrique.frank@yahoo.com

It’s not as weird as it sounds. It takes some time to fix it and I hope the company has done a make shift arrangement. Yes, I agree, that it can at times turn dangerous for the heavy vehicles plying.

F

fishtales

I'm glad to hear everything is back to normal. It never hurts to circle the wagon a few times when things don’t look right.