Snake season!!!

J

JeannaJigs

Has arrived. Most of you know I hate snakes. Hate. Fear them like you wouldn't believe. I know, this is sad...but that's just how I roll. Very deep seated pathetic fear.

It's been a little over a year, but once again I find myself in a situation where there is a snake loose in the house. It's a big one too! Freaking cat brought it in and naturally i went the other direction looking for a weapon. Now I got my weapon but I can't find it, and of course the stupid cat is sleeping completely uninterested now that it brought the hunt inside.

I love winter fishing...because there's no damn snakes!

T

Thuggin4Life

your parents have the best cats. when yousay big are we talking 6 or 12 inches. i could bring kiska over, i showed her a crab hoping her curiosity would lead to a lesson learned. instead she just kept stealing it from me so i bet she wouldnt mind chompin down on a snake.

J

JeannaJigs

See the difference this time is... I actually live here this time. Last time it wasn't so terrible because at the end of the day I went back to my own house... But I sleep here and it's slithering around. It's like almost four foot long. I don't know what kind of snake it is but it's brown and not a little garter snake!

P.s. My mom doesn't know...so it could get interesting...she would probably beat me for letting it escape.

And best cats my a$$! They're all worthless, all ten thousand of them.

A

autofisher

Depending on it's size will depend on where it'll be. My ball python used to like to escape in the warm summer nights and curl up around the base of the toilet to cool off. If it's cold, look for a heat source..... if your floors are warm.... look for something that's cool to the touch. Don't be a weanie and don't kill it. Just let it go outside..... it's not it's fault your cat brought the snake to you.

J

JeannaJigs

Well by weapon I mean a grabber thing with a four foot long handle. Even if I wanted to I couldn't kill it cause dead snakes scare me the same a living ones. We have cold hardwood floors. But I don't see it anywhere. So I'm sitting on a dining chair not letting my feet touch the floor. im a prisoner.

F

FishFinger

Hope it doesn't make a nest, I think you better find it quick!

G

GDBrown

NEST?!???! Wtf are you for serious?!

We expect photos of your illegal entry victim when you find it. Don't you have a neighbor or someone close who could help you find it? If there are little boys in the neighborhood they would be glad to look all through your place for it. You know some of them eat bugs so maybe get BigSteel to come over with his fly rod and fish for it.

T

Troutier Bassier

If you didn't live so far away I would go to your house and for a small fee get rid of the snake without you even seeing it.

J

JeannaJigs

Lol the little neighborhood boy taunts me with snakes!! He thinks it's hilarious to wait for me to get out of my car so he can show me his icky baby python. The kid is terrible.

O

OnTheFly

LOL!! OMG!!! Ok...Ok Jeanna don't panic here's what you do: you described the reptile as being large and brown in color. This indicates that it may very well be a gopher snake (bull snake same thing) therfore it is a constrictor and go after warm blooded creatures such as...... mice! Go out and bring home about a half dozen mice from the pet store, put each one in a small wire cage, place the cages in larger cardboard boxes with a 1 1/2' hole cut into the boxes. Now put the boxes in various locations in the house and wait for the snake to go into one. You'll need to inspect each box twice a day. Now...breath in....breath out......breath in...breat out.....now get yourself over to the pet store and get to work. Bare in mind this method is only a theory and has never been done before.....but wtf....it's worth a shot!

T

Troutier Bassier

LOL!! OMG!!! Ok...Ok Jeanna don't panic here's what you do: you described the reptile as being large and brown in color. This indicates that it may very well be a gopher snake (bull snake same thing) therfore it is a constrictor and go after warm blooded creatures such as...... mice! Go out and bring home about a half dozen mice from the pet store, put each one in a small wire cage, place the cages in larger cardboard boxes with a 1 1/2' hole cut into the boxes. Now put the boxes in various locations in the house and wait for the snake to go into one. You'll need to inspect each box twice a day. Now...breath in....breath out......breath in...breat out.....now get yourself over to the pet store and get to work. Bare in mind this method is only a theory and has never been done before.....but wtf....it's worth a shot!

It sounds like he knows what hes doing. Listen to him.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Jeanna!!! Dang,I thought you shot those dumb cats last year!! I wouldn't trust a cat that did that once,let alone twice! Autofisher had a cat bring him all sorts of "prizes" and it wasn't even his cat! I would definitely take Finneus' OFFer to come remove it. I think (hope) you can trust him to make a genuine OFFer. Guess you may as well sleep in your car tonight....

O

OnTheFly

Oh....I forgot to tell you about the last thing you do after the scalely creature has been apprehended: When the snake is finally secured in a box, simply dump the remainig mice into the space and the reptile will procede to devour them. Once all the mice are gone, release the snake outside!:dance: Now how clean is That?:D

F

Finneus Polebender

Jeanna!!! Dang,I thought you shot those dumb cats last year!! I wouldn't trust a cat that did that once,let alone twice! Autofisher had a cat bring him all sorts of "prizes" and it wasn't even his cat! I would definitely take Finneus' OFFer to come remove it. I think (hope) you can trust him to make a genuine OFFer. Guess you may as well sleep in your car tonight....

AHHH TT can can vouge for me just aint afraid of snakes and I am close figured I could help.

T

The Nothing

yeah, was thinking the same as TB... if only you were closer... of course, you'd definitely not enjoy being my neighbor knowing I have 20 snakes....

Pet store mice may not do the trick. They don't smell the same as deer mice - their normal prey. Some gophers will do it, others won't. Been there done that.

Its also entirely possible it has left your house the same way the cat drug it in...

Last edited:
J

JeannaJigs

Wellllll I think it's behind the bricks in the fireplace thing like last time I has a damn slithering creature in here...so now I wait...the cat seems interested so I'm hoping.

I think the cats need to stay outside. The kitty door needs to be sealed up!!!