Snake River Oregon Side

S
sbrooks
Is there any good catfish or bass fishing starting up yet? Or is it gonna be another month or two? If anyone has any reports or tips (where, how, when) I would appreciate it a lot. I would be only fishing from the bank.

J
joesnuffy
sbrooks said:
Is there any good catfish or bass fishing starting up yet? Or is it gonna be another month or two? If anyone has any reports or tips (where, how, when) I would appreciate it a lot. I would be only fishing from the bank.

I've heard reports of people catching Bass on the Snake but haven't heard anything about catfish. Sorry I don't have more info for you.

H
Hawk
It seems like last year about this time folks were catching those, & crappie at Brownlee Res & the Snake close by.

catch som bigg'uns.

:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

You can do a search here & on www.google.com

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
Brownlee Reservoir is a really good place to fish, Smallmouth are everywhere, so are the 3-4lb channel cats, monster carp galore, and monster crappie galore. My favorite place to go is the city of Richland, and if the boat docks aren't occupied, you can usually get permission to fish off them (they are no fishing docks, atleast the good dock is).

J
Jasony
The water is low now...bass are hitting five inch grubs or plastic worms bouncing the bottom... The catfishing is best about a mile down river from slack water which seems to be moving around (level is going up and down). For good cat bait use succer or crappie cut bait or morman crickets and fish the deepest holes you can find or deep in the coves that hold crappie. With a two pole permit you can put out a cat pole and fish for bass and crappie with the other pole...The fishing can only get better from here on out, still there is some good action for those who know how catch them, now,...the fish are extreamly finicky right now..if you don't have the right bait or lure at the right debth it will be really slow. If I were you I would log on to Idaho powers web sight and keep track of the water levels...I wouldn't even show up until it is 20' from full pool if I was traveling a long ways.