Snake River bass

K
kctree
Anyone out there fish for smallies in the Snake river?

I fish a lot from Adrian, OR upstrem to Swan Falls Dam.

C
craigatkins
I did a little small mouth fishing in the brownlee resevoir, and again at farewell bend outside of Ontario. I had a little luck even though I had never done it before. I would also recommend Owyhee resevoir, plenty of crappie so should be some good fishing in late spring. I am looking forward to trying some bass fishing on the snake this year as I am more of a warm weather fisherman and this winter steelhead stuff might have big payoff but my patience gets worn thin after about 3 hours of no action.

K
kctree
craigatkins said:
I did a little small mouth fishing in the brownlee resevoir, and again at farewell bend outside of Ontario. I had a little luck even though I had never done it before. I would also recommend Owyhee resevoir, plenty of crappie so should be some good fishing in late spring. I am looking forward to trying some bass fishing on the snake this year as I am more of a warm weather fisherman and this winter steelhead stuff might have big payoff but my patience gets worn thin after about 3 hours of no action.
Fished a few times on Brownlee too, mostly down by the cemetery, did pretty well on crawdad type tubes. Owyhee Lake, know it well, used to have a cabin up at Fishermans Cove. Plenty of crappie and some nice bass too.

1bigfish
I spend about a week there every year. For numbers you can't beat Oxbow, but for size you are betters off at Brownlee or Hells Canyon. I love all three for different reasons.

T
Troutier Bassier
Havent been to Brownlee in a Lonnng time. Hopefully ill go there this summer. :(
Smallmouth fishing is incredible. Its sight fishing. Water is crystal in some places.

K
kctree
All of the Snake River Reservoirs are great but I really enjoy fishing the free flowing sections. My favorite spots are between Homedale and Marsing just upstream from the Oregon border.