Snaggers On Siltcoos !!

H
hawgslayer
So I was in the boat on the Siltcoos river yesterday afternoon, and came across 2 guys bank fishing, one of which was hooked into a fish. As I stayed out of his way the fish seemed to be abnormally large. Once it surfaced the fish was clearly hooked in the tail as it was trying to swim away from the bank. These incredible "anglers" netted the fish, and as I asked if they were going to turn it back ( more like suggested ) he bonked it !!! There was another guy on the bank that asked the same thing, and the moron tried telling us that that isn't the law. I wasn't going to argue with him because I didn't feel like losing any brain cells over dealing with idiots, so I went about my way. I didn't have my phone so I couldn't call our local game warden, or the poaching hotline either. So if you fish Siltcoos, and see a newer red tundra parked at Tyee gate, make sure to congratulate those 2 older gentlemen for being such amazing fishermen......:clap:

T
tnffishman
Another snagger thread huh. We should just put a huge banner on the top of the page reading " snaggers are bad"

H
hawgslayer
Sorry, sometimes a guy has to vent. I know it's a broken record, but if you don't want to read about it don't click on it.

troutdude
troutdude
hawgslayer said:
So if you fish Siltcoos, and see a newer red tundra parked at Tyee gate, make sure to congratulate those 2 older gentlemen for being such amazing fishermen......:clap:

And I'd like to add...call the Poaching Hotline too, if you "see them in action" (snagging that is).

I like the idea of posting there vehicle information on OFF! Do you also have a license number?

H
hawgslayer
I didn't have my phone at the time, but did call them this morning. License plate is ******. When I passed to launch the boat that was the only truck there, so I'm assuming it was theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
Nice.

Maybe if we OFFers band together we can put an end to snagging. At the least, we can help Officers give some of them a fat fine, for their ill-guided behavior.

If enough of us take the time to turn poachers n' snaggers in to authorities...the world will spread (that they got busted) and at least slow them down.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Lets hope he is not an OFFer. :mad:

T
tnffishman
Well I don't think anyone condones snagging on this forum, but if u see a snagger call the hotline. If you don't have a phone approach the guy(s) and tell them it's not ok. Tell them you will call the cops. They will stop, they don't know you don't have a phone. I know some people aren't comfortable doing this but most people will pack up and leave.

H
hawgslayer
tnffishman said:
Well I don't think anyone condones snagging on this forum, but if u see a snagger call the hotline. If you don't have a phone approach the guy(s) and tell them it's not ok. Tell them you will call the cops. They will stop, they don't know you don't have a phone. I know some people aren't comfortable doing this but most people will pack up and leave.

If you read the post I did all of the above, but it never slowed them. The only other thing I could've done was jump on shore, and take care of it myself. Which is not my style at all.

G
gjonesjr
just bring a camera next time and start snapping pictures

T
tnffishman
hawgslayer said:
If you read the post I did all of the above, but it never slowed them. The only other thing I could've done was jump on shore, and take care of it myself. Which is not my style at all.

I don't blame ya man, gettin in a fight over that would just make things worse

S
SemperFly
The last thing you want to do is start running your mouth to someone you don't know out there on the water. There are plenty of people who carry weapons when fishing, so you never know what danger you're inviting upon yourself. Let the cops handle the situation, they get paid to do it and they have the hardware to back them up.

Also, you shouldn't post people's plates unless you're damn sure that the vehicle belonged to them. What if you just posted some innocent person's plate? The mods should redact that from the post because without seeing these folks step into that truck, there is no way to know for sure that the vehicle belonged to them.

B
beaverfan
gjonesjr said:
just bring a camera next time and start snapping pictures

bingo!!!

R
rippin fish lips
SemperFly said:
Also, you shouldn't post people's plates unless you're damn sure that the vehicle belonged to them. What if you just posted some innocent person's plate? The mods should redact that from the post because without seeing these folks step into that truck, there is no way to know for sure that the vehicle belonged to them.

I didn't see any license plate numbers just ******* so to me i dont think he did post numbers bro. but if you guys can see it and i can't i'm sorry and you should never post ppls license plates

B
BobbiDollPDX
rippin fish lips said:
I didn't see any license plate numbers just ******* so to me i dont think he did post numbers bro. but if you guys can see it and i can't i'm sorry and you should never post ppls license plates

It was there earlier, mods must have edited it out.

H
hawgslayer
SemperFly said:

They were there again today. This time with no fish, but saw them get in the rig. I'm not going to just post up a truck description and throw accusations towards it without checking it out first.

kirkster
kirkster
SemperFly said:
The last thing you want to do is start running your mouth to someone you don't know out there on the water. There are plenty of people who carry weapons when fishing, so you never know what danger you're inviting upon yourself. Let the cops handle the situation, they get paid to do it and they have the hardware to back them up.

Sorry but not my opinion, My modo is BE LOUD AND BE PROUD!!! Most peeps on the river hear me comin before they ever see me. I do agree about not wanting to run your mouth. But I feel if something needs to be said, Then its going to be heard.

kirkster
kirkster
tnffishman said:

You might be surprised. Ive seen peeps from this forum keeping foul hooked fish. Whats funny is Ive also seen the same peeps post the biggest complaints on the snaggers threads and how bad it is. So figure that one out. I guess they use OFF and complain about the same thing they there doing themselves. Maybe they feel it evens things out and its not as bad. Who knows.

F
FishFinger
Geeze........... Let's keep it civil.

Yes, the Lic # was scrubbed, as it should be. Don't be a fish and game hero, call it in,

Better......... Get them on video

YouTube - Tools poaching coho on Cedar Creek

Now I've done it........ Perpetuated a snaggers thread, I apologize in advance for any additional work I create for our Mod Squad....

M
Mike123
I'm sure if they're pic was on all the fishing forums they'd be so embarrassed they wouldn't do it again. Just send the pics to OSP.. they'll get on it. There is a reward sometimes if you ask for it.