Smih and bybee lakes

K
koboabe
Anyone here fish in smith or bybee lakes?

B
bassman503
koboabe said:
Anyone here fish in smith or bybee lakes?

No, theres no bank access so ur best chance of casting a lure is on a toon or canoe. but im sure theres huge bass in there. My dad used to fish in there in the early '90's but he stopped fishing there because he and a couple of cousins' canoe flipped in there xD

K
koboabe
haha, that is not the best water to be swiming in...
I am just looking for a closer spot than going to the clackamas or sandy rivers

Last edited:
B
bassman503
Yea lol, they fell and swam all the way back to shore xD. The canoe didn't make it tho xD. Those two bodies of water have huge bass there

H
Hook
Yes lots of Bass... I have caught a few nice ones.

C
coyo7e
bassman503 said:
Yea lol, they fell and swam all the way back to shore xD. The canoe didn't make it tho xD. Those two bodies of water have huge bass there
How the hell do you sink a canoe in the middle of a lake, did they feel like hitting up the disco music in the middle of some chop? :rolleyes:

I've flipped a few canoes in my day andit's really not that tough to re-flip and get back in and work them to shore full of water.. Since most canoes have foam at the nose and tail it's hard to even imagine how you could sink a canoe and have it unsalvageable. Were they drunk or something?

My brother kicked a canoe over and lost all of our gear once on the side of a dock, but I've never even seen a canoe that wasn't worth salvaging unless it'd been run down rapids and beat full of holes!

B
bassman503
coyo7e said:
How the hell do you sink a canoe in the middle of a lake, did they feel like hitting up the disco music in the middle of some chop? :rolleyes:

I've flipped a few canoes in my day andit's really not that tough to re-flip and get back in and work them to shore full of water.. Since most canoes have foam at the nose and tail it's hard to even imagine how you could sink a canoe and have it unsalvageable. Were they drunk or something?

My brother kicked a canoe over and lost all of our gear once on the side of a dock, but I've never even seen a canoe that wasn't worth salvaging unless it'd been run down rapids and beat full of holes!

That canoe was a piece of CRAP. on the left side of the canoe on the bottom my dad told me that there was duct tape there.