Smelt coming in?

F
fucarewee
Has anyone heard of the smelt coming in?

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
The Sandy yes, most other places they have gone extinct. They use to occur all over the west coast

F
fucarewee
O.mykiss, Thanks for the comeback. They still come to Newport Oregon [ I think } but when i'm not sure. Looks like the fisheries need to put a stop to the over fishing maybe.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
fucarewee said:
O.mykiss, Thanks for the comeback. They still come to Newport Oregon [ I think } but when i'm not sure. Looks like the fisheries need to put a stop to the over fishing maybe.
I don’t think they come into Newport anymore. I live close to Newport and I’ve never seen any smelt there. I think you’re probably thinking of the herring. In February the Yaquina river in Newport still gets a decent herring run.

F
fucarewee
O. mykiss said:
I don’t think they come into Newport anymore. I live close to Newport and I’ve never seen any smelt there. I think you’re probably thinking of the herring. In February the Yaquina river in Newport still gets a decent herring run.
Ok, thats what i saw King Slew catching on YouTuube. Would you send me a shoutout if yjey arrive?
I'm still looking for someome to build a alumium mold. I think they need a CNC or ??? .

jamisonace
jamisonace
fucarewee said:
Ok, thats what i saw King Slew catching on YouTuube. Would you send me a shoutout if yjey arrive?
I'm still looking for someome to build a alumium mold. I think they need a CNC or ??? .
My father in laws injection molding company builds aluminum molds.

F
fucarewee
Location, name,phone number ? Thanks !! Not sure if i can put my email on here. but will try. fishonac@gmail

jamisonace
jamisonace
fucarewee said:
Location, name,phone number ? Thanks !! Not sure if i can put my email on here. but will try. fishonac@gmail
Sent to Gmail.

F
fucarewee
Thanks Jamer

S
Socaaron
They're dipping in the Cowlitz currently. Anybody hear anything for the Sandy yet?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Herring should start about mid-March or earlier in Newport. Bring your bucket and micro shrimp rigs (3 hooks per rig) about 1/2 dozen or so. Tony

S
Snopro
Casting Call said:
Herring should start about mid-March or earlier in Newport. Bring your bucket and micro shrimp rigs (3 hooks per rig) about 1/2 dozen or so. Tony
Guys started crushing herring in Yaquina bay last week.

Why 3 hooks? You can use as many as you want for herring.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Ok! Use as many as you want. Three hooks will get you in and out and in again. Wham! Bam! thank you Mam! Unload 20 hooks if you want while the school moves on. What the heck do I know? Tony

Reactions: Fred and DOKF
Casting Call
Casting Call
Com-on! guys give me some reaction points LOL Tony

F
fucarewee
Any word on the smelt at Newport yet?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Snopro said:
Guys started crushing herring in Yaquina bay last week.

Why 3 hooks? You can use as many as you want for herring.
fu........ee As above mention Thur 7/23!!!!

F
fucarewee
Casting Call said:
fu........ee As above mention Thur 7/23!!!!
On my waaaay !!

Casting Call
Casting Call
fu....ee how did you do? Tony

F
fucarewee
I'm still trying to get some help as i am on crutches and would like some helping hands to unload and load my bpat. Are they still in the bay??

Casting Call
Casting Call
Cruches Eh! are not needed OFF the dock behind the brewery, (water level)keep the boat at home. Call the bait shop ask about the herring run or do a recon yourself. Let OFF know what you find. Tony