Smelly Jelly

J
JSpencer
I picked up some herring scented smelly jelly yesterday, just one little bottle to try it out. I can't try it out until this weekend so im wondering if anybody else has used it and what their opinions of it are.

Edit: I went for the paste rather than the oils/gels.

M
Mike123
I've used it. Worked. Caught 2 chinook with hoochie and herring chunk on hook. I'd probably say that the paste doesn't let go of a lot of scent, but when the fish gets close it may help it to commit to biting.

A
autofisher
The paste works better for putting it on baits, and lures. I prefer to use the oils for yarns or if I'm making my own little mad scientist blend of smell. I've seen great successes with the pastes for a lot of different kinds of fish. It's not going to be the end all product that guarantees that you'll catch fish, but every little bit helps.

T
Thuggin4Life
I always mix herring gel and shrimp oil together for trout trolling. I smear it on my ford fenders and worms. sometimes i smear it on a spoon or spinner for casting. i think it might help draw them in a bit but does make em hit more often then turning away. the gel oil mixs helps keep the sent on longer than just an oil. I always use shrimp oild when plunking fpr winters. and recently i have been smearing the mix on rubber gloves for handling herring and smeering it on flashers line swivels wieght t hide my man scent from the fish. you can't go wrong by adding scent. Oh peepeeing in the water atracts trout when trolling trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
F
Fishtopher
:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

J
JSpencer
Fishtopher said:
:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Must mean you approve of this product? :)

F
Fishtopher
JSpencer said:
Must mean you approve of this product? :)

I just couldnt help it...the last line in thuggin4life's post really got me....not sure I approve of THAT!:lol:

I give smelly jelly thumbs up. However, I dont use it. Unless the guys im fishin with are out fishing me. Then Ill use thiers.

T
Thuggin4Life
Fishtopher said:
I just couldnt help it...the last line in thuggin4life's post really got me....not sure I approve of THAT!:lol:

I give smelly jelly thumbs up. However, I dont use it. Unless the guys im fishin with are out fishing me. Then Ill use thiers.

My buddy told me that one time out fishing. Since then i have told people that every time i do it. At hills creek this summer i told my buddy that while we were trolling and the exact second the stream touched the water my pole went off. Had a nice 15" land locked chinook on the other end.

M
Mike123
Thuggin4Life said:
My buddy told me that one time out fishing. Since then i have told people that every time i do it. At hills creek this summer i told my buddy that while we were trolling and the exact second the stream touched the water my pole went off. Had a nice 15" land locked chinook on the other end.

:lol::lol::lol: That is funny sh$t right there! If this is true Im def bringing a 30 case of Keystone next time I'm in a boat.

Troutski
Troutski
Two rods...

Two rods...

Thuggin4Life said:

I thought you couldn't handle two rods at the same time until next year...?;)

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
Troutski said:

Chuck

Getting an early start at it. LOL

F
Fishtopher
Troutski said:

Chuck

:lol::lol:WOW:lol::lol:

S
SNDSLGR
Troutski said:

Chuck

One was an ultra-light... he was trolling with the other. :lol:

Reactions: Fishtopher