Small creek beauties!

brandon4455
brandon4455
went to a small local creek on the 31st with my mind on landing a monster cutthroat during high water on the last day it was open. i had recently discovered a deadly combo that landed me a 17inch 2 and a half pound cutt under a corkie as indicator baby pink yarn with prism tape and a red bead at the hook along with shrimp scent. i walked for 2miles in the wind rigging my rod up on the way. about 30 minutes later i arrived at a spot that looked like fishermans heaven .big deep hole with medium flowing water with a blueish color and a sand bottom i slowly walked to the edge of the water and flung my corkie and yarn indicator rig into the edge of the current nothing. second cast i cast upstream further. at the end of the drift fish on! i had a nice little rainbow at my feet . after casting numerous times i landed a few small cutthroat and moved upstream to another beautiful hole. i casted into the low fast flowing water watching my corkie like a hawk then it went under. as soon as this fish knew it was hooked it wanted none of it. this beautiful cutthroat jumped like an acrobatic steelhead! it felt like a fairly big fish only being 11inches. after the release i proceeded until it got dim doing C and R on about 13 fish and a bonus i hooked into a coho on my last cast had him on for about 30 seconds but i was working the fish in and the hook popped out. this was an amazing trip i can't believe how much trout i pulled out of one hole!

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Sounds like a great day...small creeks are good. If you ever want to tell me what creek it was PM me....:D Good job!!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Sounds like a great day...small creeks are good. If you ever want to tell me what creek it was PM me....:D Good job!!!!

pm sent ,and thanks :)

W
waco
good job!!!!

S
steelheadstalker31
Sounds like a fun day.

kirkster
kirkster
great job Brandon I used to love hitting those small streams when I was younger. And then I read post such as yours and I ask myself why I dont still do it. lol

B
bigsteel
way to go brandon,,i too love fly fishing small creeks,i like the hunt

brandon4455
brandon4455
kirkster said:
great job Brandon I used to love hitting those small streams when I was younger. And then I read post such as yours and I ask myself why I dont still do it. lol
thanks kirk ;) maybe we can go on a few small water trips next year when it opens again. small waters are always fun to fish especially when they hold feisty fish that act twice their size! all the best,

brandon

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
bigsteel said:
way to go brandon,,i too love fly fishing small creeks,i like the hunt

thanks buddy. ive always wanted to fly fish it. im ordering some flies hoping to get started next year ;)

T
Thuggin4Life
Sweet man!