Slow day for longfins

G
Gulfstream
Left Charleston at 4:30 and headed out to some numbers from a friends trip on Wednesday.Lines in at 6:45 and first fish at 8. It was a very slow pic after that and had 3 troll fish by noon.We ended up chasing jumpers and got the biggest one throwing iron at em.The fish were so boat shy that as soon as the wake from the boat would go over them they would go down.F A C and TONS of whales.Sashimi and IMG_4202.JPG poki tonight! HAVE FUN!

Reactions: Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice shiny one there, I was closer to shore Thursday, small swells and cloudy at Simpson Reef where I found a limit of plump Blackrocks ...

3hlrUje.jpg

Reactions: Admin
Irishrover
Irishrover
Tuna seem to be slow all around. There are a few coming in here to Newport but the guys are making long runs. We are filling the freezer with nears shore halibut, lings, rock fish and the last few days have been good for close in coho.

G
Gulfstream
Thats a nice halibut there!

4labs
4labs
Boy Gulfstream you sure get around. From bottom fishing to tuna ,When are we going to see some salmon picts. I never did the tuna thing out of Gold beach even with my Grady White, 90 gals of fuel at $4 bucks just couldn't get a crew together to spilt the cost. Looks like you had a great crew and a big boat to make that run out there. Saw a pict. of a yellow tail caught 40 plus miles out in sundays paper . Thanks for the report .

S
samuelboi
Not bad for a slow day.