Slow bite

Z
Zacht92
The bass bite has been really slow. Anyone know when it's going to start picking back up?

bass
bass
Depends a lot on water temp. This has been a cold spring. Water temp in the Willie is only 48 or so right now. Some years it is in the low 50s by now. This coming week has a nice warming trend.

Small ponds of course heat up faster and fish well much earlier than bigger waters. I have not gone bass fishing yet this year (all my trips this winter have been chasing kokanee at Lake Merwin). I don't have any first hand experience yet this year but I will probably give the bass a try this coming weekend.

Good luck out there!

Reactions: troutdude
C
Clbagshaw
I caught a few over the weekend on jigs flipping in a local pond but the water was still to cold for them to go into pre-spawn. We need a week or so of nice sunny weather and that will get the fishing moving.

Reactions: bass
bass
bass
Reactions: Clbagshaw
C
Clbagshaw
Here is one of the largies i picked up.
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bass and Admin
E
Eazy-E
Good one Bagshaw! Ive been hitting the Willamette near Independence afterwork but so far only pulled out a few pike minnows

bass
bass
That is a nice and healthy looking bass. What is the wood thing in the water in the background?

C
Clbagshaw
bass said:
That is a nice and healthy looking bass. What is the wood thing in the water in the background?
Not really sure its a old log pond. So i was thinking it had something to do with that. I caught that fish on the other side of the canal that you can see in the background.

balzacccc
balzacccc
Slow but still react to lures. My first bass picked my crappie jighead on Monday so I think they are in pre-spawn now. I got 4 basses in one hour today with drop shot. The biggest one is around 5 pounds.

Reactions: fromthelogo, Clbagshaw and Admin
bass
bass
Wow! Those are some nice fish @balzacccc !! I am greener than those bass :)