Slight rise ?

S
Santiam338
My river has come up a tad..Couple inches is all but I am thinking the new smell of rain will get a good push up hopefully...Thinking of fishing low tomorrow and intercept them..

Good plan or wishfull thinking?? LOL

S
SantiamDrifter
I've been targeting the lower river. But your dead on about the smell. Once the rivers start to rise the fish the were holding low will be on the move. You can fish low for the fresh fish coming in, or move up a little and get at the fish that were waiting.

S
Santiam338
Well,thats what I was kinda thinking...Still learning the coast rivers and how they work..I was debating higher on the Siletz,but will do my old standby town to Morgan...

Its been slow,but I gotta feeling...LOL

C
Chedster
Looks like some decent rain this weekend...The rivers around here could sure use it and I will be ready:D

S
Santiam338
Chedster said:
Looks like some decent rain this weekend...The rivers around here could sure use it and I will be ready:D

That is true and I thought about waiting,

BUT,

I am tired of waiting...Need to get out and FLOAT!!:D

R
rippin fish lips
Santiam338 said:
That is true and I thought about waiting,

BUT,

I am tired of waiting...Need to get out and FLOAT!!:D

GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will be missing out on a good day of fishing if you don't go!! :)

S
SantiamDrifter
I dont think you'd be wasting your time if you ran Twin bridges down. Those fish holding down low could be stacking up around the town waiting for more water to come in so they can make the run up into the gorge.

Have you floated from moonshine? If you havent I would stay away. Its got some nasty hydrualics right there after the park. Its gotten worse the last couple years and always sink's a few boats. Even the guides have been having trouble.

S
Santiam338
Been on it all except the Moonshine drift...I figure with all that good water ain't no sense in worrying...LOL

Seems more crowded on the twin bridges float....Thats why I been running lower..Lots less boats...I am still thinking though..:think:

S
SantiamDrifter
When you get to a certain point in your fishing career. You just want to fish how you want to fish. If you like staying away from the crowds then I would forsure do your normal drift. Its about enjoying your time on the water.

We are suppose to have some pretty good tides this month, Its gunna make it a easy trip into the river for all the fish. So Im betting that all the lower rivers will fish decent no matter what the conditions are.

S
Santiam338
If anything,the river seemed lower to me..LOL

It was a beautiful day though..A little icy in the morning but nice..

IMG_0002.jpg

Fish on!!!

IMG_0249.jpg

Big nate buck..I jumped out,tailed him up and released him...That way I get the hero pic..:D;)

L1090002.jpg

I did get a fish though..Run back..Quick pic then gone...

IMG_0010.jpg

R
RunWithSasquatch
Looks like you made a good choice... specially painted plugs?? Your boat is looking nicer everytime i see it.

S
Santiam338
RunWithSasquatch said:
Looks like you made a good choice... specially painted plugs?? Your boat is looking nicer everytime i see it.

I was going to put in at Twin Bridges,but there were a few boats putting in...Went on down to the usual spot and didn't see another person until 1:00...I like that kind of fishing..

Still thought the fishing was slow..I pulled a lot of water today..

R
RunWithSasquatch
Good looking rise in water predicted this weekend, im getting excited, I think its gonna be good.