Slamming the coho on jigs again!!

T
the salmon kid
today i left for chief hole at 6.00 got there a little close to 7.00 and the second we got there ,we could here fish jumping and splashing down in the river., so me and a friend threw on a green and black jig that i make and first cast hooked into a fish and today during the snowstorm we managed to hook and land 13 brite coho in 6 hours and a couple steel-head on the same jig,. didn't get any pictures cause my cell phone was dead but here is a picture of the jig that i tie and that works great

• boooonker jig.jpg
brandon4455
brandon4455
thats a great looking jig. it has a buggy look to it. and Wow!13 ho's? grats bro thats awesome keep it up :clap:
btw do you use that with a float or do you just drift it?

brandon

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds fun.

W
waco
15 fish in a day thats hard to believe but awesome job!!!!! keep the hard work!!!!

T
the salmon kid
this jig is best used by jigging it slowly up and down without letting it touch the bottom, you have to keep about 1 ft off the bottom to get the attention of the fish,
and when it is wet it looks like a leech, and i don't know why they hit it but they do
good luck

brandon4455
brandon4455
the salmon kid said:
this jig is best used by jigging it slowly up and down without letting it touch the bottom, you have to keep about 1 ft off the bottom to get the attention of the fish,
and when it is wet it looks like a leech, and i don't know why they hit it but they do
good luck
thats cool you have that fishery and technique on lockdown!!. and seems very effective keep at it bro your a great fishermen

brandon

Last edited:
S
skunk
Sweet job, and that jig color combo looks great.

R
ryno28
is that the chife hole on the rouge down around the couner from the dam?

T
the salmon kid
yes and it is very productive