Skunked again

O
oregon30
i went out to the slide hole in shady cove where 6 people were telling me its the best spot and 3 people told me they caught fish last weekend

quickly went out friday and today and got skunked 6 hours both days and lost about 40.00 of gear

casting into tailouts, seams and pools

1 i was using pink corkie pink yarn and roe looked delicious to me

2 pink worm with pink corkie

3 green spin n glow with roe

4 hotshots red head broke off 2 cast

5 orange roe big gob no yarn

6 peach colored yarn with anise smelly jelly no roe

7 silver blade spoon

8 hammered gold spoon

seems like wasting time

P
plumb2fish
Maybe you should go play golf

O
oregon30
Y

B
Big3d
Sorry dude, you hate fishing and don't know it. You seen to focus very much on lost money instead of trying to gain experiences. If a hole is heavily fished try looking for similar but less pressured water. Otherwise I agree go spend your day at the driving range or something if you are so unhappy fishing. Find happiness, it may not be in the river for you.

F
flocaster
oregon30 said:
i went out to the slide hole in shady cove where 6 people were telling me its the best spot and 3 people told me they caught fish last weekend

quickly went out friday and today and got skunked 6 hours both days and lost about 40.00 of gear

7 silver blade spoon

8 hammered gold spoon

seems like wasting time

If all you want is for someone to listen to you complain, I suggest taking the money you're spending on gear and putting to better use hiring a therapist

M
montym
oregon30;320939 1 i was using pink corkie pink yarn and roe looked delicious to me [/QUOTE said:
Uh.. may be next time try something that looks delicious to the fish? :)

S
Steel4life
Honestly, if something isn't working and you keep breaking off, try less weight or shorter leader. Drift fishing try to feel your presentration on the bottom. Don't let it drag the whole time. You want it bouncing. Try a bobber and jig, it hangs up a lot less and if your good at it, you catch tons of fish. I stand by what I said last time, if you don't enjoy just being on the water, your experience will suck everytime . don't just go where ppl tell you too. Find your secret spot and believe what you are doing will catch fish.

D
Dizle
Just hire a guide and learn from the guide! Ask questions to the guide
Obviously you focus too much on gear lost and wasted time instead of enjoying nature and your surroundings.

any time at the river is better than being at work. Enjoy it for its peace and serenity, if you can't do that, find a different hobby

C
Camo
I went fishing today too, Oregon30.
I caught three hours of serenity!

:)

Reactions: flocaster
Y
Yogidabear
plumb2fish said:

No way, fishing is easy compared to golf. :bleh: Did you try a wiggle hoochie ? that's the only thing I use , You should have went yesterday everybody caught fish, couldn't keep them off my line.

C
ChezJfrey
You're right, fishing is a waste of time.

But I thought that was kinda the point.

jamisonace
jamisonace
ChezJfrey said:

Amen!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
plumb2fish said:
Have you priced golf balls lately?!! :yikes: ;)

P
playhooky
Camo said:
I went fishing today too, Oregon30.
I caught three hours of serenity!

:)

I'm with ya Camo....had the opportunity to catch a couple hours on the water myself today. What a beautiful two hours. Oh...did I mention I got skunked (again). Oh well......I went, I fished, I enjoyed.....and spent quality time with one of my fishing buddies. Nice to get out.....Hard to take!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S
Stonefish
Don't see jig and bobber on your list of gear you tried.
If you are worried about losing gear, you might look that direction.
Bobber down is also a good way to bust a slump when nothing else is working.
SF

Last edited:
A
Aton
Forget about the spoons, spinners, worms and roe (for now). Any corkie (yarn/scent can't hurt). That's cheap. Now figure out what a ¼ oz. of 3/8 pencil lead is. (postal scales are good for this). I just use one knuckle as a gauge. Don't use any more weight. Find water that is walking speed, ¼ oz. should be perfect. If you hit bottom more than a few times in your drift...cut a little lead off. Stick with that, be relentless, you'll hook fish. 12 hours without a bite happens, but there is no need to lose that much gear.

my2labs
my2labs
I'm headed out today to waste a bunch of time with my wife. Looking forward to it...... (Even though my fish expectations are loooow right now)

Side note: Golf is difficult as well. (Don't say you weren't warned....)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my2labs
my2labs
ChezJfrey said:

I forget this during times of frustration. A good reminder every now and then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N
Native Fisher
oregon30 said:

7 silver blade spoon

8 hammered gold spoon

seems like wasting time

My 5yo got one thursday. He has whined less then you do and listened to advice better. Hire a guide, stop throwing stupid things with low success rates like hotshots from the bank. Buy a 3/8oz bobber a nightmare jig, a red and black jig, a peach jig, and a white/pink jig. Go to popular holes, don't fish just watch others, see what others are hooking fish on and exactly where they hook up at.

Reactions: OnTheDrop
H
halibuthitman
For $200 I will change your whole perspective on ****, for $25, I,ll teach you how to hit a golf ball.... or both in the same day for $192.50-

Reactions: OnTheDrop