Skunk Slayers,arise!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
As Autofisher and I were dejectedly pulling out onto highway 101 with our heads down on our chests due to absolutely nothing worthwhile taking place,I looked over at him and posed a question:"Why do we resist driving north to the Clackamas?" He said maybe it was because we have no love for Portland,maybe we just determined to avoid the area because of events of the past. Well, I say it's time to put the past behind us and look to the future! :clap: It's time to pack our gear,fill the tank and head to the Clackamas where the fish are alive and well and waiting for us. It's time to go on a Skunk Hunt!! :protest: I don't care if every muscle and joint in my body is screaming with pain,I am going to kill that skunk! :mad: Anyone who wants to meet up next week and slay a skunk,let's set the time and place. I don't even care if you have recently kilt your personal skunk,why not get ahead of the varmints and stay ahead? I will even OFFer to give one or two a ride up from the Dallas/Salem area. That is how serious I am about becoming a Skunk Slayer!
Get ready to meet your maker,you dirty,no good,stinking polecat! I'm gonna SLAY YOU!!!! :mad: :protest: :yay: :yay:

O
osmosis
PM me with some info once you get a date picked.
It's about time we see a pic of you on the site holding a fish!

N
ninja2010
Raincatcher said:
It's time to go on a Skunk Hunt!! :protest: I don't care if every muscle and joint in my body is screaming with pain,I am going to kill that skunk! :mad: Anyone who wants to meet up next week and slay a skunk,let's set the time and place.

count me in... the stink is sooooooo bad, the peeps in my household are now fully genned in on my "casting" trips as i come home empty handed every week.

just pick a date and time...

F
Fishtopher
Our new member Drifter killed a few guys skunks, and handed one off to Bigdogs new to fishing buddy, on the Clack today. Guy was on fire!

Ill fish with ya'll though!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Name a day and time....

Name a day and time....

I am sooo ready for this! I am open to any day but Tuesday. It would be abso-freaking-lutely awesome to get a bunch of OFFers on the water at the same time and show others how to fish AND have fun. This OFFer is open to any and all members wanting to slay skunks!

F
FishSchooler
i will be with you guys n gals from the Tuolumne and Merced! :D
just the fish ill be catching will be jr steelheads... :think: :D

S
starion87le
I was out there today with adambomb just below bigdog, fishtopher, and drifter...still have the skunk!

I must slay! I'm down with anywhere on the clackamas. Just say a place and time, I'll be there.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
One in your name k?

One in your name k?

FishSchooler said:
i will be with you guys n gals from the Tuolumne and Merced! :D
just the fish ill be catching will be jr steelheads... :think: :D

FishSchooler;
I will do my best to nail one for me and one for you! Just keep chanting
SKUNK SLAYER...SKUNK SLAYER...SKUNK SLAYER...SKUNK SLAYER
In the meantime,be good to yourself and have fun.

O
OnTheFly
Sounds like the Clack's gunna git a beat'n.

By the way, I drove over the clackamas today at Barton and there was a lot of activity down there and I don't mean rafters!

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Can you join us?

Can you join us?

You better believe it! Any chance you can join us for the day? Not sure which day yet,but you know you're welcome. The weekend is always crazy for the rivers. Not my favorite days to fish,but if that is what is decided,I'm there!

H
Hawk
Go Gettum Sisters & Brothers.

Best O Luck to yee

:D:D:D

:cool::cool::cool:

O
OnTheFly
Raincatcher said:
You better believe it! Any chance you can join us for the day? Not sure which day yet,but you know you're welcome. The weekend is always crazy for the rivers. Not my favorite days to fish,but if that is what is decided,I'm there!

Might be a little tough for me to join you mid day during the week. If you happen to choose Barton Park as your 'Slaying Stage' I may be able to join in the carnage for a short time in the am. At the very least I can honk the horn at you as I go by over the bridge.

C
Cracker
I caught a dandy of a sucker today on the Clack. This thing went six pounds easily!
For a minute I thought that I had hooked the first silver of the year.

R
Rascal
I would like to go

Are there really salmon all the way up at barton already

A
autofisher
I'm so ready

I'm so ready

Basically, it's been over 2 years since Raincatcher and I hooked anything worth mentioning that hasn't been a trout. I've gotten my tale whooped up and down the N Santiam. Although I feel comfortable fishing there, I'm 0-5 for this year and we won't even go into last year. I'm ready to try some new water and do some whoopin of my own. Jimmy, let's do it brother. Let's get all these skunks killed and have a freakin fish fry. I know nothing or anywhere to go on the Clack, I'm hoping for a little bit of help on this one guys. I know you can't guarantee the fish on the line but some tips on where to go and ideas for what to use would be sooooooooooooooooooooo so so helpful. Hit Raincatcher or I up and we can all set up a date and where and when.

C
Cracker
Rascal said:
I would like to go

Don't sit around and wait for rain. The fish are going to move up the river regardless. I caught the majority of my Coho last year when the river was at 10.8 and everyone was crying about rain.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You're invited

You're invited

Rascal said:
I would like to go

You are definitely invited to join us as soon as we figure out what day and the location.
What do y'all say? Does Thursday work for anyone? I don't want this need for revenge to fizzle. Give me your feedback so we can decide on the best overall day,please. :think:

F
Fishtopher
Thursday works for me....:)

A
autofisher
Thursday works for me too. Now where to go?

F
fishnquest
Skunk slayer, skunk slayer, skunk slayer...

Skunk slayer, skunk slayer, skunk slayer...

Sounds like you are getting a heck of trip together there, Barb. Good luck to all, go get 'em. "Skunk slayer, skunk slayer, skunk slayer..."
And catch one for me while you're out there.