Sixty Pound King Salmon!

D
Dan Feller
My neighbor stopped by last night with some pictures from his fishing trip to Alaska. A friend of his has a boat up in Craig, where he caught this monster. He caught it on a herring rigged with "a little hood" to make it spin.

I hate to admit it, but this picture made me more than a little jealous! :mad:

F
Fishtopher
Pig for sure!

G
GrillMaster
Alaska at its finest

Alaska at its finest

What a pig, and a personal record that will be very hard to beat. Thanks for the picture.

GM

P
PDXKush
WOOWOWOWOWOW. I'm speechless. Time to buy a nice Viking Freezer !!!

K
Kodiak
Not many fish in our systems like that left. Thanks for the pic...I'm insanely jealous.

T
Troutier Bassier
Before I Joined the Forum, I thought average Size for Kings is 20 or 40 Pounds.

...Apperently Not.

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:
Before I Joined the Forum, I thought average Size for Kings is 20 or 40 Pounds.

...Apperently Not.
no TB you were right, even in Alaska that is an exeptional fish.... and an exeptionaly strong 65+ yr old man!!! I can't hold a fish that big strait out in front of me! don't mess with the old timers!:shock::clap::shock:

S
sandyboy
thats a good size my dad got a 48lb king couple years ago out of newport oregon

J
joesnuffy
I"m not calling you a liar but that picture looks like it was taken in the 70's or 80's. Clothes styles and color seem off for a newer picture.

Anyways, it's a nice fish. I won't have much luck chasing King's when i'm there in 1.5 months. :(

P
PDXKush
Sounds like your calling him out...lol

J
joesnuffy
yeah, we're going to fight on the playground after school :rolleyes:

pic just looks odd to me. But still a nice fish :p

P
PDXKush
lol. I hear you I thought the same exact thing.

D
Dan Feller
joesnuffy said:
I"m not calling you a liar but that picture looks like it was taken in the 70's or 80's. Clothes styles and color seem off for a newer picture.

Anyways, it's a nice fish. I won't have much luck chasing King's when i'm there in 1.5 months. :(

Nope, it's for real. :D He caught the fish about a week ago, just got back yesterday. I suppose he could have faked it, but I've known the guy for over twenty years and I believe him. I wish I could show the look on his face, but I didn't tell him I was going to post this.

It's funny you say that about the clothes, I don't think this guy ever has ben "in style". The color does look a bit warm, but that is because it is a photo of a print taken without a flash.

So, you can either believe it or I'll see you by the monkey bars at 4:15! :shock:

T
Troutier Bassier
Dan Feller said:
Nope, it's for real. :D He caught the fish about a week ago, just got back yesterday. I suppose he could have faked it, but I've known the guy for over twenty years and I believe him. I wish I could show the look on his face, but I didn't tell him I was going to post this.

It's funny you say that about the clothes, I don't think this guy ever has ben "in style". The color does look a bit warm, but that is because it is a photo of a print taken without a flash.

So, you can either believe it or I'll see you by the monkey bars at 4:15! :shock:
Ill Distract the Teachers,

Nice Pic, That thing is Very Big.

P
PDXKush
Ima give you a knuckle sandwhich !!! I think we'll trust you this time. lol Peace

T
Troutier Bassier
If you even Touch me ill get my Big brother to beat you up! Hes a 8th Grader!

P
PDXKush
Im not talking to you kid :)

O
OnTheFly
joesnuffy said:

Where are you going? I'll be in Ketchikan September 27th coho fishing.

T
Troutier Bassier
You Better Not Be. ;)

Now enough fighting, Back to Topic.

O
OnTheFly
I forgot what the topic was about???? Thought it was about a playground fight or something...:confused: