Siuslaw/Siltcoos 10/5

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GoBlueFan and I hit the river at sunrise and the first thing that hit me was the warm east wind :sad: ("wind from the east, you catch the least")

we fished up and down below the 101 bridge through high tide and on to about noon, there were plenty of big fish in the water down there but they had total lockjaw. no coho jumping. not that many boats in the lower river today and none hooked up that we could see.

moved to Siltcoos, casting spinners by Fish Mills, his last cast, 19" rainbow! we thought (hoped) it was a coho jack until it was in the net and the color gave it away...nice 3# fish that should smoke up tasty...cheers, roger

Last edited by a moderator:
T
TimberTodd
That is a nice bow! Looks like the weather is going to cool a little starting tomorrow. Heres to hoping for more than light showers by the end of this week.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
The cleaning station at 4 was packed!

B
billfisher
fished the rock wall from daybreak till 11. 8am caught a 28" buck chinook, 15 min. later the guy next to me got a decent coho. only ones I saw caught.
All of the boats were out at the jaws. Nice rainbow!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice bow Roger. Thanks for checking things out and reporting.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Are they releasing water out of the lake?

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Released a 32 inch screaming drag fresh Ho today at the wall love the action of a 9 ft steelhead rod on those fish! Caught this 29 inch the other day! When are they going to increase the limit on Coho on this river there's no shortage of fish!

• DSCN0635.jpg
G
getsdwyz
Nice fish ..Looks like some rain is comming this weekend hope the lake gets a good shot of it !