Siuslaw River condition in Whitaker Creek area

B
Bgunder
If anyone goesfishing up near whitaker creek anytime within the next 2 days will you let me know how the river looks,me and a buddy want to hit it but don't want to get get over there and see that its blown out.I was there last tuesday and the river had some color to it but was definitely still fishable.Thanks for your input..

B
bythesea
fast and dark, fished it all day hooked up twice on eggs.but nothing in the cooler,looked and looked finally found some "decent" ??? water. my signature becoming truer and truer everyday.:(:(:(

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Lake creek isn't so dirty. It's gonna take a while for the siuslaw to improve color wise but there's still fish to be caught and it's definitely fishable, just have to use smelly bright ugly crap to get their attention after smacking them in the face with it.

hobster
hobster
I was at the Slaw yesterday with a buddy and it was still pretty fast and dirty. I heard a guy caught a native but it seemed pretty slow with the bankies. still a bit high but it should be great in a few days. The guys were counting fish in the ladder and there were at least 300 or so in the creek, they said there was a hatchery 38 inches long and there were several hogs under the bridge. They are movin up thats for sure!

T
Tred
JeannaJigs said:
Lake creek isn't so dirty. It's gonna take a while for the siuslaw to improve color wise but there's still fish to be caught and it's definitely fishable, just have to use smelly bright ugly crap to get their attention after smacking them in the face with it.

Definitely. I gave it a shot yesterday. We picked up 1 and had another one up to boat. Got another friend into his first steelhead. Water is really cold and I think it has the fish really lethargic, but I am not an expert. Talked to lots of boats that had no fish. One of those days on the Slaw.

R
rippin fish lips
Drove by the slaw yesterday on the way up to Sweet Creek. It looked high and dirty but somewhat fishable... I wouldnt bother fishing it until wednesday thurs or fri...

hobster
hobster
Hit the river early this morning and there were few people which was nice, no pressure on the fish. It was still a bit brown and fast but not nearly as bad as saturday. I had a bunch of bites which were mostly cutties and i hooked a few, 2 were pretty nice and i thought 1 was a steelhead. I kept at it and the bite was on, i hooked a nice chrome buck, landed it and then got another and limited by noon. A great day, just had a delicious fresh dinner to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
W
whammond
nice fish man strong work! I'm gonna hit the slaw towards the end of this week and see what I can get into. Seeing this gives me high hopes despite the river conditions.

S
Santiam338
You look happy..;)

hobster
hobster
Santiam338 said:
You look happy..;)

Yeah, extremely happy! Not bad for a rookie.:D

B
Bgunder
Hit the river again yesterday and went up to lake creek and fished that for a while then went to whitaker on the way back still trying to get my first ever steelie to no prevail.I guess I will just keep trying but I will be very suprised if or when I do get one since I never expect to now.Maybe my luck will change someday.

R
rippin fish lips
Bgunder said:
Hit the river again yesterday and went up to lake creek and fished that for a while then went to whitaker on the way back still trying to get my first ever steelie to no prevail.I guess I will just keep trying but I will be very suprised if or when I do get one since I never expect to now.Maybe my luck will change someday.

Yo ur luck will change if you keep taking your time to go get out on the water!! Keep at it and those steel will start comin to you!!

R
radiation
Keep at it and they will come. Be positive and be ready for the bite.