Siuslaw report from 10/20/10 fall chinook

R
rippin fish lips
Got on the water at 8 am, started trolling a little before cushman up river, the first 5 minutes of trolling my step dad hooks his first salmon ever, a nice coho prolly weighng about 8 or 10 pounds, she was hand landed and hooked on barbless hooks, quick pick and successfully realesed un harmed!

Dosfirstcoho.jpg

a half hour of trolling with no hits after that coho, we get to cushman go under the bridge (train tressel) right after it We hooked into a DOUBLE! the first one is (me) i managed to hook into a hot fresh chromer nook! it was 34 inches and 20 pounds!! The one below me is my buddy bill and his nice lookin 30 inch 18 pound nook!

Tannersfirst20poundchromer.jpg

Bills30inchchinook.jpg

Snapped a picture of this curious little guy at the boat ramp while taking out at the end of the day
Thought i would share it!

curiouslittleguy.jpg

I ended up hooking into 2 more fish that had to of been 30 pounds+
they both ended up spitting the hooks, but it was a good day on the water! Oh we saw about 10 fish caught 3 of them in out boat. Oh and we also talked to a couple people who said they got 3 keeper coho they day before.

F
Finneus Polebender
Bright lookin nooks there nice day!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go man! Gonna be down there sunday. Crazy how many fish are still low in the system but its a crazy year. my buddy was there last weekend and went 2 for 5 and one was 35+ that got away.

C
cobias
Nice !

Nice !

Love those pics ! Great job ! Herring or spinners ?

C
Chrome_Chaser
Nice fish Rippin'.

F
fishingfreak
Good job man! Those are beauties thats for sure! Look at that Chrome shine!

P
plumb2fish
Did the sardines work?

R
rippin fish lips
plumb2fish said:
Did the sardines work?

Yes they did! Thanks for the tip by the way! we got the coho on herring tho. was a fun day! a lot of fish jumpin and boileing around

S
steelheadstalker31
Nice chromers.