Siuslaw crabbing

M

mikeredding

Took the boat out to the Siuslaw for a few hours yesterday. Got 25 keepers, some very big. All were pretty hard and full. Probably would have gotten our three limits but started getting pretty windy and rough and we were almost out of bait.
100_2885.jpg
100_2887.jpg
100_2886.jpg

T

Thuggin4Life

Thanks for the report. care to divulge where at on the slaw you were at and what kind of bait you were using i never have much luck down there dropping pots by all the poles that stick out in rows by the west bank using left over fish carcases and guts and heads and even some rotten chicken.

M

mikeredding

We were working the south bank just about 1/4 mile below the hwy 101 bridge. About 12' of water. Fish and or chicken for bait.

T

Thuggin4Life

Hey thanks man sounds like you were in the corner down there along the dunes. Let me know if you need some help eating all that crab.

C

cobias

Nice haul ! I would like to get down there crabbin again. @Thuggin, turkey legs are the best bait by far....dont know why but it works great. And the seals leave it alone. If you get your lakeboat done ill show ya some good spots in siuslaw bay....or if you have a motor small enough to hook to my drift boat ( like a 4 to 7hp ) we can hit it.

T

Thuggin4Life

my motor is still out of action until i get the seals replaced. and its a short shaftso wouldn't work unless you have the kind of transom that the guy had that i bought the 15 i lost where it has a drop cut for a motor. will have the boat ready right after labor day.might have to take you up on that offer. and its not a lakenoat is a boat that does it all. lake, river, bay, and want to try the ocean.

C

cobias

V hull boat i guess. But yeah ill send you a pm.

R

rippin fish lips

Thanks for the report. care to divulge where at on the slaw you were at and what kind of bait you were using i never have much luck down there dropping pots by all the poles that stick out in rows by the west bank using left over fish carcases and guts and heads and even some rotten chicken.

Idk if its a good spot anymore, cuz i now crab at winchesterbay and newport. But by the coast guard station along it are/were some good spots!

N

nwkiller

Idk if its a good spot anymore, cuz i now crab at winchesterbay and newport. But by the coast guard station along it are/were some good spots!

and the the coast guards right there in case u need um.

Top Bottom