Siuslaw crabbing

M
mikeredding
Took the boat out to the Siuslaw for a few hours yesterday. Got 25 keepers, some very big. All were pretty hard and full. Probably would have gotten our three limits but started getting pretty windy and rough and we were almost out of bait.
100_2885.jpg
100_2887.jpg
100_2886.jpg
 
T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks for the report. care to divulge where at on the slaw you were at and what kind of bait you were using i never have much luck down there dropping pots by all the poles that stick out in rows by the west bank using left over fish carcases and guts and heads and even some rotten chicken.
 
M
mikeredding
We were working the south bank just about 1/4 mile below the hwy 101 bridge. About 12' of water. Fish and or chicken for bait.
 
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Looks like a poker night feast!! Good job.
 
S
steelhead_stalkers
Good job! Thats some good eatin. ;)
 
T
Thuggin4Life
Hey thanks man sounds like you were in the corner down there along the dunes. Let me know if you need some help eating all that crab.
 
C
cobias
Nice haul ! I would like to get down there crabbin again. @Thuggin, turkey legs are the best bait by far....dont know why but it works great. And the seals leave it alone. If you get your lakeboat done ill show ya some good spots in siuslaw bay....or if you have a motor small enough to hook to my drift boat ( like a 4 to 7hp ) we can hit it.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
my motor is still out of action until i get the seals replaced. and its a short shaftso wouldn't work unless you have the kind of transom that the guy had that i bought the 15 i lost where it has a drop cut for a motor. will have the boat ready right after labor day.might have to take you up on that offer. and its not a lakenoat is a boat that does it all. lake, river, bay, and want to try the ocean.
 
C
cobias
V hull boat i guess. But yeah ill send you a pm.
 
M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Hey thanks man sounds like you were in the corner down there along the dunes.

Yep that's the spot. Just below the #24 marker.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
mikeredding said:
Yep that's the spot. Just below the #24 marker.
Thanks man we always go a bit farther down and never get but a few keepers.
 
R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:
Thanks for the report. care to divulge where at on the slaw you were at and what kind of bait you were using i never have much luck down there dropping pots by all the poles that stick out in rows by the west bank using left over fish carcases and guts and heads and even some rotten chicken.

Idk if its a good spot anymore, cuz i now crab at winchesterbay and newport. But by the coast guard station along it are/were some good spots!
 
N
nwkiller
rippin fish lips said:
Idk if its a good spot anymore, cuz i now crab at winchesterbay and newport. But by the coast guard station along it are/were some good spots!

and the the coast guards right there in case u need um.
 

Similar threads

F
Replies
0
Views
342
Fishnsleep
F
F
Replies
11
Views
723
Fishnsleep
F
S
Replies
3
Views
564
Irishrover
Irishrover
S
Replies
1
Views
432
Casting Call
Casting Call
rogerdodger
Replies
7
Views
1K
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Top Bottom