Siuslaw competition

T
Thuggin4Life
Me and Bfishing will be out on the river all day wednesday fishing and doing a bit of crabbing. So will another member of the forum with two of his buddies. We shall se who boats more fish.

F
Fishtopher
I need the specifics so I can get the odds from North Portland and start placeing bets!

I need team captains, baits of choice, and whether or not the other boat has a fish finder!:whistle::lol:

K
Kodiak
Thuggin4Life said:
Me and Bfishing will be out on the river all day wednesday fishing and doing a bit of crabbing. So will another member of the forum with two of his buddies. We shall se who boats more fish.

Ahh man..I could of kicked in some spinners..but really Good Luck!.

J
JeannaJigs
You weekday guys suck lol. It's so hard driving to Veneta everyday..with a rod in my car....to turn left at that intersection and continue on to work instead of blasting through the intersection and texting my boss that I have some horrible illness and can't make it, technically it's an addiction, which has a diagnosis code, which means, it truly is an illness..so it's not really a lie...

Have fun fishin', and good luck.

T
Thuggin4Life
So heres the score. Me and Bfishin will be in my little valco. Only trollin. Mostly plug cuts and flashers. Not taking a casting rod but a tco would be a nice addition to the arsenal. Call us team Valco captian Bfishin since i can't operate a boat for a while. Fishslayer420 and a buddy will be out in a guides model drift boat. Our 3rd trip and 420's 2nd but his buddy has fished tidewater many times. Think they will be using similar tactics. Call them team drift captian Gibbs minnow. Neither of us will have sonar. Think we will be the only ones with crab pots. Not sure were exactly the will be fishing on the river and we will be in an undisclosed location. Might not even see each other. As for a weekday fisher I would trade my unemployement for a job any day, well any day after salmon season. Hopefully we get in em.

Q
qwapaw
I will be there is a black and red High side drift boat Wed afternoon through Saturday. My lures from Kodiak didn't get here so I will be trolling other spinners and plug cut too. Tuesday was a good day for 2 boats of friends. All limits and about 6 catch and release Coho each boat. A lot of seals, They lost 2 coho to the seals while reeling them in. Hope top see you all there I think we arre going to play around Mapleton and see if any fish are up on Thursday afternoon and put in at Old Town on Thursday if we don't find lots of fish up river. Dan

S
steelhead_stalkers
If you see seals around stay seated when you hook a fish! Soon as you stand up they will see you and come right on over.

U
Utes
Been here for two days on siuslaw looking for more information

Been here for two days on siuslaw looking for more information

Where the heck are the kings its like silver coho madness. Yes i brought my crab pot but until i get some catch there will be no bait. The fish and game is really checking out whats being caught so beware.

T
Thuggin4Life
the nooks are few and far between right now. let it rain some more and they will be in. Its was coho madnes out there. i will put up pics and some details of yesterday on later tonight/tommorrow.

W
windburnt
a lady i work with just got a 30+male nook last saturday, at what they call the dairy hole, or there by it...they were plug cut riggin.

Q
qwapaw
Thursday we fished until aboout 4:00PM and pulled out of old town. When we got checked I had a large Jack and the fish checher said he had only seen 5 adult Chinook and mine was the first jack all day. We saw a coho released and 1 nook landed all day. It was tough out there. Got the jack on a herring. Spinners didn't produce any take downs. Dan

T
Thuggin4Life
So here it is. Overall we caught 25-30 fish. All coho. 14 were in my boat and had 4 break us off. Had so many take downs couldn't keep track. Even managed a double boater which was a bit tricky not having a third guy in the boat. Also we got 5 keeper crab but for some reason didn't take a pic. Our buddy hooked a fish then faught a seal then landed a fish. It was crazy out there. Went though 3 dozen herring in my boat alone. Even though it rain most of the day it was still fun. Hopefully some more rain will bring in a flush of chinook. Here are some pics from me and Bfishin.

W
womanwhofishes
and ya didn't bring us...
What Great shots!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ps. would I have got one of those with my barbie pole? no ?

Last edited:
W
windburnt
good job guys... im heading out there in the near future more... dont be afraid to ask if u need to get on the water, or meet up out there.

M
Mike123
Nice job Thuggin! Your name should be CohoThug4life... :D:lol:

:clap:

Oh btw... Herring? Spinners? What was the choice bait/lure?

T
Thuggin4Life
Mike123 said:

lol. We use flashers and plug cuts trolled as close to the bottom as possible. Caught a few more yesterday. Been calling them nogo's instead of coho's since you can't keep them and we a hoping for king's.

T
Thuggin4Life
windburnt said:
good job guys... im heading out there in the near future more... dont be afraid to ask if u need to get on the water, or meet up out there.

Don't worry I will ask if i need to get to the water and can't. Kept an eye out for you sunday just in case you changed you mind and headed out.

T
Thuggin4Life
womanwhofishes said:
and ya didn't bring us...
What Great shots!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ps. would I have got one of those with my barbie pole? no ?

Maybe but that's a lot of money if one takes your gear.

W
windburnt
Mike123 said:

i used #6 orange blue fox to get mine.... trolling and casting... i think i even caught one on a #5 blue and yellow one. pretty sure they would have almost hit anything like that,,,,across the way from MO's. The coho were jumpin all over the river though.... 8-15ft is where the coho where. srry for sonor thuggin..eheheh

T
Thuggin4Life
Don't think lack of sonar has stopped me from catching fish. If anything it has helped since i keep learning new tactics and don't need it changing my actions. One would be nice though for other purposes. I fished with one onve and it made me mad.