Simpson ponds, Albany

B
bassin16
i took my pontoon out to simpson ponds today for a few hours and i just didn't know how to fish it i tryed fishing zoom shaky tail worm and every cast i just got a bunch of algea so i tryed fishing swim baits and i got didn't get as much but still too much to be able to fish it a good pace so i tryed rattel traps and got the same results as the swim baits so i just decided to try some top waters so i put on a super spook jr and didn't get any moss but i just never got any strikes it was a very nice day out on the water but did i try the right things or what would you all have tryed?

R
ryan808
Which pond is it? Is it the one across from the railroad tracks, or did you go into 1st lake? Ive always wanted to try that place.

B
bassin16
i was in first lake i know there are some really really big bass in these ponds i have caught bass out of here but its more in the later sprng

R
ryan808
Is it really shallow there, last time I fished there I hit the bank and could only see the water a few feet deep. I'll have to drive down next time and toon that place next time you go.

C
Combat Chuck
Id search for the holes that are free of the thick muck (there are some deeper spots you can reach from a toon) and use light weight texas rigged plastics or spinnerbait.

B
BlackBass
senko's finesse jigs spinner bait. top water. Thats all you will need for that body of water.

R
ryan808
Let me know next time anyone goes out there, I swing by if you dont mind a tag along.

J
juggernaut506
That place was great when the mill still owned it. I used to go down there and catch some huge bass before the security guard would show up and ask us to leave. Now there's a lot of bums and tweakers hanging out there.

R
ryan808
Are you talking about the lake that has all them poles sticking out?

C
Combat Chuck
ryan808 said:
Are you talking about the lake that has all them poles sticking out?

Thats the one

Last edited by a moderator:
R
ryan808
I want to try toonin that place, let me know when anyone has plans to go, I got a frog thats itching to try place.

C
Combat Chuck
I dont have the toon I used, but I was given a freebie. It is currently held together with duck tape but I might try it one day anyways! I will post if I do... that way someone will know where to find me :)

T
TTFishon
I might be hitting it up next Thursday evening after work. It all depends on the weather next week.

B
Bass Ackwards
If the weather warms up a little bit. I''m gonna try it out on the 10th. See if i can get to that 3rd pond

B
bassin16
i dont think you can get to the 3rd pond it is just small creeks that run past the 2nd pond. im going back out there as soon as we get a day with out rain around here

C
Combat Chuck
bassin16 said:
i dont think you can get to the 3rd pond it is just small creeks that run past the 2nd pond. im going back out there as soon as we get a day with out rain around here

Ya, I think people were just confusing this with freeway lakes.

R
ryan808
I second the weather getting clear, as soon as we get a better weekend, I want to try that 1st lake.

B
Bass Ackwards
Combat Chuck said:
Ya, I think people were just confusing this with freeway lakes.

Just looked at google maps. My bad, I thought that there was a third lake. Looks like i'm gonna try to get to the second. Has anybody made it to the second?? Is there even a way to make it from the first to the second lake??

H
Hawk
Probably Army/Surplus Sherman Tank mite work Bro.

hahaha
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

F
Finneus Polebender
Hawk said:
Probably Army/Surplus Sherman Tank mite work Bro.

hahaha
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

Surely something amphibious still lying around in the military pile somewhere?