Simpson pond Albany

B
bassin16
just got home from fishing the simpson ponds fished for about 2 hours
finally got my first LM bass of the year 2 lbs the conditions were horrable today it was raining but i still got one it was a great day of fishing for me :)
i just rememberd that it was my first bass out of there

Last edited by a moderator:
C
Combat Chuck
Do you bank fish that? I ride my bike around there sometimes and have only seen a couple of spots.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
First LM!!! Woohoo!

First LM!!! Woohoo!

bassin16 said:
just got home from fishing the simpson ponds fished for about 2 hours
finally got my first LM bass of the year 2 lbs the conditions were horrable today it was raining but i still got one it was a great day of fishing for me :)
i just rememberd that it was my first bass out of there

bassin16;
Congrats on your first LM! The rain has been traveling in every direction but up here in Dallas. I never realized how much of "creature of comfort" I am. But it just didn't look appealing to me today. Good for you for toughing it out and getting it done. Be safe.

B
bassin16
i went out there today just on the bank yea there are only a few nice spots in there but i think that i might take my little 12 ft boat out there with my trolling motor and see what i can get

B
bass_master
Hey, I live near Albany. Where is this Simpson Pond? I have never heard of it. Thanks.

C
Combat Chuck
Its here. Full of weeds with very little bank access... buutttt... there is fish in it. On maps its identified as "first lake" and "second lake".

B
bassin16
yes there is very little bank fishing spots but there is a "boat ramp" it verry steep and it has a couple bit holes so i think i will just take my boat and carry it down to the water but now the weed are still low later in the summer
the weeds get very thick but this pond definintly holds big fish maybe a state record so i will see if i can get into them good

C
Combat Chuck
Post or pm me if you take a boat out there. I have a pontoon boat and may be able to swing by.

B
bassin16
alright i will do that

A
Acousticfish
What cha using.

What cha using.

hey guys

Never fished for bass this early in the year a buddy and I are itchin to go out but we usually don't go until late summer. Neither one of us has any idea what tie on, what are some of you alls favorites?

Thanks
Acousticfish

B
bassin16
Acousticfish said:
hey guys

Never fished for bass this early in the year a buddy and I are itchin to go out but we usually don't go until late summer. Neither one of us has any idea what tie on, what are some of you alls favorites?

Thanks
Acousticfish

i like to go to the calapooia river ,freeway lakes, turax island greenway ,bowers rock state park ,simpson pond,
thats just a couple of my favorite spots that are in or near albany

J
Jacks Tackle
I am now depressed about leaving the Albany area several years back. I fished those ponds the first 3 years that it was opened to the public. I have pics of bass you would not believe from those ponds. HUGE!!!!!! It slowly got a lot harder to catch those big fish as I watched a lot of big fish get carried out of there. I know there are some big fish still there and the carp in there are huge.There are thousands of them in the second lake. I do know that there are some state record bass in there but be careful if you put a boat on the pond. I use to take a coleman canoe in there and had some of my fondest memories made there.

I will post some pics when I get a chance from my office.

RB

C
Combat Chuck
bassin16 said:
i like to go to the calapooia river ,freeway lakes, turax island greenway ,bowers rock state park ,simpson pond,
thats just a couple of my favorite spots that are in or near albany

Can you access Bowers Rock??? I can't figure out how to get in there.

kidholiday
kidholiday
where are these places at????

B
bassin16
bowers rock

bowers rock

at bowers rock the land is privaite land now but when i go there i just stop at the owners house and ask him and he has always let me it his house it the first one on the right as soon as you turn right off of bryant dr

B
bassin16
simpson

simpson

when out on simpson with my 12' boat for the first time fished for about 3 hours lots of nice water but pritty windy did not catch anything had one break my line tho lots of carp jumping but could not land any fish
tryed senkos, kreature bait, yum crawfish, crankin, jigs, spinnerbait, super spook, roostertails, even nightcrawlers but dident get anything :( but i am planing on going back out and gettin some fish next time

A
Acousticfish
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the report seems like it should pick up for bass this week if we have enough sun to bump up water temps.

C
Combat Chuck
Forgot to post these from last week. One day I got two and another day was big skunk. Caught on a creature bait.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bassin16
gotta love the kreature bait that has caught all of my biggest bass

Bass Man
Bass Man
Nice looking Bass Combat Chuck!