simpson park

T
the_magic_man
Has any one ever been to simpson pond. Ive been down there a few times to fish, but you definitely need a boat there's not many spots to fish on the side. The only problem about the pond is...its loaded with weeds, so i dont know really any ways to fish it.

simpson albany oregon - Google Maps

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Weedy problem...

Weedy problem...

the magic man;
Well, I'll try to help as much as I can. Have you tried tossing anything in there yet? If it is that weedy, there may be bass or catfish. I would try snag-proof crankbaits first. I would also use fairly heavy line so as to be able to pull it back out if it did get hung up. I know everyone is always talking about how much fun it is to use super lightweight rods and line, but it isn't any fun to keep donating your gear. Is it possible to wade into it? Be SUPER CAREFUL if you are by yourself. I had a dramatic reminder about how dangerous it can be going out wading without company or at least a pfd. If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it went. Maybe some of the more experienced fisherfolk have more tips and info to pass on to you. Check back often,just in case.
Barb

Last edited:
C
Combat Chuck
Ive been around there... tried to fish it a couple times but it was easier to just switch to the willamette. Have you caught anything out of there? I noticed in the winter when the weeds are down they close the gate to the boat launch area... then when the weeds are so thick you can't move they open it up... :rolleyes:

T
the_magic_man
yea ive caught like one out of there....i dont usually go there because of all the weeds. but i was just gonna see what other peoplle have to say about it

F
flippinbaits
the_magic_man said:
yea ive caught like one out of there....i dont usually go there because of all the weeds. but i was just gonna see what other peoplle have to say about it

dont let the weeds stop you...punch through those babies, or throw a senko in the pockets