Silverton Reservoir 3-5-11

R
rainbowfisherman
Fished Silverton Reservoir today for a couple of hours. I had my float tube with me. I went pretty much straight out from the dock until I was about in the middle of the lake. I started with worms just above the bottom. Then I put on a ford fender with a trailing worm. And then i just trolled worms. Nothing for me today. Saw other people doing similar things on the bank. No fish for anyone that I saw. It was my first time to the lake though and I really loved the scenery. All in all it was a good day on the water.

-Rainbowfisherman.

G
Growbug
With all the rain recently, everything is a little mud soup. When it clears up a little, and warms up a little, go away from the dam towards the inlet. I have pulled fish out from up there almost all the time i put in, although this was last summer during stocking.

R
rainbowfisherman
The lake seemed to be pretty good color. (Although I've only been there once). It wasn't muddy at all, a good looking green color. But like you said maybe I should have tried the inlet. Thanks for the advice.

F
fish4life
they dont start stocking it until april

M
mymanadb
Enless you already know this, the slv res has just been stocked with 2600 leagals, and 200 trophies on 5-23 and it will be again on 6-6 and 6-13, so it should be pretty good fishin! Ive allways done well catching them around the back near the large rocks, been living in silverton for 34 years now and have cought hundreds and hundreds of fish out of the resorvoir, been skunked a lot to......no matter what its always fun!