Silverton Res.

M
Mattdm22
The Silverton Reservoir will be charging a 5$ parking fee starting in August. The fee will help maintain the park and there will also be a site host to contact the local police department of any problems and to collect the parking fee's. I think it is a great idea but hope the street to the reservoir won't be filled up with cars trying to avoid the fee. Just thought I would inform my fellow OFFer's of the news.

G
Growbug
This is an excellent idea, especially with a site host to keep their eye on things. Lets say that the $5 parking goes a long way.

G
Growbug
$5 all day parking, includes a site host to check on vehicles, throw out poachers (or at least call the local constab), etc.. etc...
and the money goes to repairs etc??

YES I say again.. Money well spent!

This facility has improved many fold in the last 2 years, this last 6 months I have even felt safe enough to leave my car and not come back to scratches or attempts at the lock. There have been cops coming around twice a day, the boat ramp has been fixed, the disabled fishing deck wont dump people into water anymore... lots of improvements.

PLUS the city has been getting additional stockers for this place.

its either $5 for the people who USE the facility.. or another tax for the local Silvertons.
Seeing as their mayor is anti tax... make the people who USE the place pay for its security and improvement.
Startling idea eh?

F
fishy4
sweet deal. hopefully get rid of some swimming fools. its fine if you swim, its just when a sign blatently says do not swim off the dock and people do it anyway. ughghghg irritation lol. i spent many a day there waiting out in my raft for some peeps to get out my way. hopefully now with the monitoring people will follow the rules. otherwise fun place lots of fish. caught a 22 inch bow last week out of there. powerbait does the trick