Silverton Res 6/6

M
Modest_Man
Fiance wanted to go fishing today, so we went to the Silver Creek Res. Broke in the trout rod I made, I dinked around and caught 3 by the overflow. I was hoping to get Kristin into a fish and I wasn't disappointed. She had a couple bites but missed on the hook set and then got this beast on. Took some good runs on her but she fought it well.

Looking at the stocking schedule they haven't planted any fish over 12" into the res this year so she got a nice holdover.

Lots of fish being caught out in the boat and several ones off the bank. We were only there from 3-5 and only moved down by the outlet at about 4:30 so we got the 4 fish in about half an hour.

We were using pink (Kristin) and chartreuse (me) Power Eggs about 18" off the bottom. I also caught one on a size 2 Mepps.

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

B
BobbiDollPDX
Nice fish.

Bo and I were gonna go out there a couple of weeks ago with the toons but I was having trouble with my trailer lights. He had to replace the converter box in my trunk but now we are set so I think we will be heading out there soon. I haven't fished there in years.

M
Modest_Man
90% of the fish I saw caught today were right over near the dam overflow. Three guys in a boat were killing it along the dam wall. Osprey too...

That's the first area I'd head to. As long as you don't get sucked over the chute. ;)

S
skunk
Nice catch, specially the holdover.

O
OnTheFly
The one that she's holding is the largest fish I've seen taken from there. I've always known they were there but have never connected into one. The spillway souded like the place to be, however there is a 'Zone' I'd like to share with you. As you launch from the boat ramp turn left and paddle up until you see a bleached out dead tree. Up further you will see a large shattered stump. Troll about 50 yards from the bank between those two points then come back here to report. Chances are you'll have some success stories to share.:cool:

M
Modest_Man
I told her several times that that was a 1 in 500 fish from there. I don't think she fully grasps how uncommon it is to pull one out. You don't see fish that size in places like that. The good thing is he's off and back swimming around in there for others to catch. ;)

Next time I've got a full day off I'll take the cataraft out and give it a shot. ;)

Reactions: BankWalker
brandon4455
brandon4455
Modest_Man said:
I told her several times that that was a 1 in 500 fish from there. I don't think she fully grasps how uncommon it is to pull one out. You don't see fish that size in places like that. The good thing is he's off and back swimming around in there for others to catch. ;)

Next time I've got a full day off I'll take the cataraft out and give it a shot. ;)

try your fly rod with some streamers next time and troll like jim mentioned. a fish that size would rip line off your reel lol

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
BankWalker
That is an awesome trout your fiance caught. You get lots of respect for letting a monster go to be caught another day thats one of the best ways to make sure there are always big fish to catch.

H
Hawk
Great Job.
Beautiful fish & pics y'all...:D:D
Well Done to release.

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool: