Silver creek/ Silver Creek Reservior

R
Rascal
im thinkin of going camping at silver creek in a few weeks and was wondering how the fishing was in the creek and reservior

C
capblack
where do you think your going to camp on silver creek? theres no camping anywhere on the creek, or the reservoir, that Im aware of, and I lived and fished there for the first 25 yrs of my life. I dont think id spend a lot of gas travelling to there. Id go up highway 20 to sweethome, and travel up quartzville creek. theres lots of lakes, creeks, rivers, and even the reservoir. And camping spots everywhere, and hardly any people. just my 2 cents, let us know what you decide. Brian
Rascal said:
im thinkin of going camping at silver creek in a few weeks and was wondering how the fishing was in the creek and reservior

C
capblack
the other thing is fishing will only be open above the reservoir, and there is no public access except at silver creek falls state park, 20 miles or so above the res

18406ej
18406ej
Isn't Silver Creek Reservoir also known as Silverton Reservoir? It seems it should be open by now...the State regs don't list it as being closed (the Creek is closed until April 24), and the Reservoir itself is scheduled to be stocked on the week of 04/26 with 3,700 trout. You can access Silver Creek by travelling the short distance along the Reservoir via the city park entrance, or by boating/pontooning (eletric motors only). I do agree that there is no camping along the public/private property bounding the Reservoir itself.

C
capblack
the only part of silver creek that is open in april is above the reservoir. and access is VERY limited, except for as far as you can motor up from the res, and yes the res has been open for a while.
18406ej said:
Isn't Silver Creek Reservoir also known as Silverton Reservoir? It seems it should be open by now...the State regs don't list it as being closed (the Creek is closed until April 24), and the Reservoir itself is scheduled to be stocked on the week of 04/26 with 3,700 trout. You can access Silver Creek by travelling the short distance along the Reservoir via the city park entrance, or by boating/pontooning (eletric motors only). I do agree that there is no camping along the public/private property bounding the Reservoir itself.